Sit Means Sit of SE MI
****LOOKING FOR TRAINERS****
This is an entry level position working under close supervision of senior staff. This position is Trainer/Kennel Tech which involves learning beginner level training of the dogs in our training programs, which in turn can lead to an outstanding career in the pet industry. With the right commitment we will ensure your success.
Because of the constant interaction with customers, excellent written and verbal communication skills are a necessity. Also, the technician must have excellent customer service skills, as excellent customer service is one of Sit Means Sit primary goals.
Experience is preferred but not a prerequisite.
· Keeping all kennels clean and disinfected.
· Cleaning and disinfecting the entire facility.
· Greeting clients and assisting intake process.
· Assist Senior Trainers in private lessons and group classes.
· Assisting in off-site marketing events
· Always maintaining a professional appearance and attitude when in public representing Sit Means Sit (including when in a branded vehicle or wearing branded attire).
· Continue to improve training skills and knowledge.
· Practicing safe handling practices to ensure client, dog, personal and public safety.
· Helping to maintain a clean, safe and organized work environment.
· All other duties deemed necessary to provide safe, happy, confident, obedient dogs in a safe and productive working environment.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Must be at least 18yrs of age
· Must have reliable transportation
· High School Degree or Equivalent
· Team player with great interpersonal skills
· High attention to detail
· Desire to work in the pet industry long term
· Excellent history of communication skills
· Experience with dogs with diverse temperaments
· Experience teaching and/or leading others
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
send Resume and cover letter with salary expectations
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Company’s Facebook page:
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.