Full Time – Year Round
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION
Snowshoe is the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast skiers, snowboarders and winter enthusiasts. We offer 257 acres of skiable terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 57 trails and the best snow around. Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures, beautiful vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.
Our organizational values describe our shared beliefs, the principles important to our organization; how we want to treat each other and our guests.
Integrity Performance Environment Fun Collaboration
The Learning and Development Manager works to create and sustain a resort environment where all employees are fully empowered to create the best memories for our guests and staff. This position is primarily responsible for Snowshoe staff talent development including design and delivery of various, multiplatform trainings and orientations. Web based classroom curriculum development, delivery and management of the program, along with personal and professional development support is required. Acts as an information source to managers and supervisors creating divisional training programs and is an active participant in corporate wide training when appropriate. Responsible for administering, organizing, developing, conducting, tracking, reporting on and enhancing current training and orientation programs. Initiates all employee training documents and tracking vehicles required to support the program. Accurately processes all employee training records and interacts regularly with resort managers and supervisors to ensure success. Involved in the strategic planning process of the resort to establish training that supports Alterra and Snowshoe Mountain business streams to maximize revenue and experience for our guests and staff. This position ultimately adds value to our resort by identifying, structuring and partnering with others to solve complex problems; fosters understanding of, and commitment to, change capacity building and striving to make it easier for resort staff to achieve great things.
This position is responsible for the following job results.
- Collects and analyzes business data form multiple platforms, leveraging business systems and technological skill to provide meaningful and actionable answers to difficult questions at the right time.
- Performs cost modeling and impact analysis for proposed new programs or changes.
- Leads and shares communication regarding performance review data to leaders, manager, and colleagues as appropriate and in line with business needs.
- Participates in annual resort budget and business planning and strategic guidance in respect to staff training and HR operations.
- Prepares ad hoc reports and presentations, as well as other materials as needed or requested.
Change Management and Communications
- Drives change efforts associated with projects and programs with respect to HR, including process redesigns, communication and training.
- Develops actionable and targeted change management plans, including communication plans, sponsor roadmaps, professional development plans, training plans and resistance management plans.
- Partners with supervisors, managers and senior leaders to align job organizational training and work structures with business goals and objectives
- Manages annual and seasonal performance review processes, including data collection, analysis and calibration.
- Develops and prepares individual merit plan spreadsheet, templates and business unit and divisional summaries for annual merit adjustments. Distributes divisional merit spreadsheet and ensures timely submission of Goals and Objectives of management.
- Designs and delivers instructor led and blended programs that add value to the learner, to the resort and to the enterprise, including but not limited to new and rehire orientations, supervisor school and management training programs.
- Involves and manages the Alterra University L&D program locally
- Oversight of the need, collection and training on PDP plans, professional development plans
- Partners with Directors, enterprise subject matter experts across multiple locations to analyze, develop, implement and evaluate HR development initiatives
- Measures training effectiveness to include but not limited to human capital value flow (depreciation)
- Optimizes resources by designing and facilitating train the trainer activities for colleagues, and leveraging colleague resource and talents as appropriate
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field (business, economics, education, finance, human resources, management or psychology); or equivalent combination of education and relevant working experience
- 2 years relevant experience in team oriented, corporate operations, human resources and/or management
- Strong analytical skill
- Advanced proficiency in analytical tools and platforms (MS Excel or others)
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, work independently and manage multiple task assignment is a fast paced and quickly changed environment
- Must possess and operate at the highest level of confidentiality, credibility, integrity and professionalism
- Ability to create and sustain productive cross functional business partnerships with employees at all levels, including leaders, manager, subject matter experts and across the enterprise
- Ability to work nights, weekends and all major holidays during peak winter season (October – April)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including expert presentation and public speaking ability
- Preferred: 1-year full time experience in a front-line position at a mountain resort for 2 years full time front time in another hospitality or service sector. Relevant professional certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM CP or SHRM SCP)
Any employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle including cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment is required to comply with the Driver’s Standards Policy. This policy also applies to employees or volunteers driving their personal vehicles for company business more than four times per month, averaging 30+ miles per trip. All drivers should receive a full copy of the Alterra Driver’s Standards Policy; if you have not – please contact your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.