Soccer Shots - Central Indiana
Youth Soccer Instructors Needed for Children Ages 2-8: Hamilton, Boone, & Marion Counties
Soccer Shots is the #1 Children’s Fitness franchise in the country. Why? Aside from the incredible curriculum, leadership, and passion, it’s because we only hire the best instructors to work with our children. Working with children is something we don’t take lightly, and it’s imperative that you not only enjoy working with children, but that you are incredibly passionate about it. Sure, we want you to have some soccer skills and to be familiar with the game, but more importantly, can you handle a group of 12 three year olds? This is what truly separates Soccer Shots from everyone else – we are in this to impact children in such a way that we leave a lasting impression on them that will give them the confidence to be successful both on and off the field. We want our 30-minute Soccer Shots sessions to be the BEST 30 minutes of each child’s week. If this excites you, read on to see how to become part of the #1 Children’s Fitness franchise in the country by joining our team and impacting the next generation.
Due to our continued growth we are currently hiring for full-time/part-time coaches. Come be a part of a staff that is passionate about impacting children all over our city. We operate in daycares, preschools, community centers, etc. Our part-time coaches need to be available three full days a week, Monday-Friday, or all afternoons or mornings Monday-Friday. Our full-time coaches need to be able to coach from 8am-6pm Monday-Friday and possibly Saturday mornings if needed. Starting pay is $15 per session (approx. $30/hr), with room for growth at the hourly rate or into a salaried position with increased pay (starting at $24,000/year with paid holiday/off time). At most locations, there will be multiple classes, meaning you will be instructing 2-4 consecutive sessions ($30-$60 for an hour or two of coaching).
We have sessions running Monday through Friday, with some Park Programs launching in the evenings and Saturday mornings. There is some flexibility in scheduling; meaning that if there are some morning or afternoons where you aren’t available, we can work around that. However, once your schedule is set with us, it won’t change. You’ll be at the same locations at the same times each week, and we need you to be committed for the entire season.
We are currently hiring for the remainder of 2019 and beyond. Candidates must be able to commit to at least the next 3-4 seasons (9-12 months), and ideal candidates are looking for long term employment (12 months) and growth opportunities.
The ideal instructor MUST meet the following criteria:
- Responsible: Arrives on time to each session, can handle a group of 10 or more children, keeps accurate attendance, communicates well with Soccer Shots director of coaching, etc.
- Professional: Neat in appearance, friendly and courteous with day care center staff and director as well as parents, self-assured.
- Enthusiastic: Must enjoy interacting with young children (2 – 8 years old), and be able to connect with them on their level, making the Soccer Shots class the best 30 minutes of their week. You must be very outgoing and animated; able to be silly with the children.
- Soccer: Soccer experience is helpful, however, if you are great with children and have some familiarity with the game, that works.
- Working with children: Must be able to engage and interact with 2-8 year olds, and have experience doing so. This is very important.
- Transportation: must have your own, reliable transportation. Must be willing to work in Hendricks and Marion Counties.
- Equipment: must own and have daily access to a computer, printer, and internet.
In addition to the above, a successful candidate must pass a Child Abuse History Clearance and Federal/State Fingerprint Background Check.
For more information on Soccer Shots, please visit our website at https://www.soccershots.org/hamiltoncounty/.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.