Sorenson Communications and CaptionCall are committed to connecting people every day through communications access 24/7/365. Our customers rely on us and our innovative technology to quickly deliver accuracy in every conversation. We are industry leaders because, in all of our endeavors, our customers sense our passion, our care, and our commitment. This dedication extends to our workplace. Our employees are united and proud to be part of important human interactions, and understand that everything we do to facilitate communication creates connections and enhances relationships between people.
Sorenson Communications, LLC. offers Video Relay Service (VRS), which gives Deaf, who use American Sign Language (ASL), and hearing people the option to communicate in their preferred language – either ASL or spoken English or Spanish. Sorenson also provides onsite and remote interpreting services between English and various other world languages.
CaptionCall, LLC. offers Internet protocol captioned telephone service (IP CTS) using advanced technology and a captioning agent to quickly provide written captions of what callers say on a large, easy-to-read screen.
The Trainer will be responsible for performing VRS training, service calls and new installations in their assigned area. They will train new and existing customers on how to use features & the benefits of SVRS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supply support for the customer base in assigned area.
- Coordinate with the Sales/Outreach and Marketing groups at educating institutions, customers and organizations as to the benefits of Sorenson VRS.
- Participate in seminar and training sessions with deaf constituents on using Sorenson services to communicate with hearing constituents.
- Travel to customers to ensure Sorenson equipment is functioning properly and provide training as requested. Other duties as assigned.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Travel Requirements: 50-75%
Minimum/Preferred Education Description
Minimum Years of Experience Description
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The qualified person for this position will have extensive experience in installing Sorenson VRS equipment, providing customer service and be expert in all types of videophone and network installations including T1, DSL and High Speed Cable Internet. This person must also have excellent written and ASL communication skills. Additionally, this person must:
- Have daily access to own transportation
- Be willing to travel long distances by automobile or airplane and stay overnight.
- Have excellent computer skills and understand the Internet, routers, hubs, switches and how to install them
- Have & maintain personal high speed Internet connection and place of residence
- Must have Sorenson Communications selected as their default provider (with an active Local Number) for VP and mobile devices
- Have understanding of firewalls and be able to work successfully with IT and Network Administrators to open the required ports for Sorenson’s equipment
- Be fluent in American Sign Language
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Must be a team player and have a positive attitude.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds and sit for long periods of time
- Able to sit/ stand for a long period of time in an office environment
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, tools, and to handle other computer components
- Regular and predictable attendance required.
- Positive attitude, team player, good interpersonal communication skills and able to work across company departments
This position has access to highly confidential, sensitive information relating to the employees, customers, and technologies of Sorenson Communications and CaptionCall. It is essential that applicant possess the requisite integrity to maintain the information in strictest confidence.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
CaptionCall and Sorenson Communications are an EOE, Disability/Age Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.