South Hill Village, Assisted Living & Memory Care
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for passing meds, Resident services and other duties as assigned. Duties can include personal services, housekeeping, laundry, social-recreational activities, delegated tasks, medication assistance, meal services and others as needed or Resident care and service delivery. Trains other staff as assigned. Provides health care related oversight when the Wellness Coordinator is absent. Promotes the Company s mission statement.
- Adheres to and conveys philosophy of supporting dignity, privacy, independence, choice, individuality and a home-like environment for Residents.
- Responsible for medication assistance or administration of medications, according to the state requirements.
- Provides oversight to staff when the Wellness Coordinator and/or Director of Health & Wellness Director is absent, as assigned
- Receives and gives report from the previous shift and to the next shift.
- Reviews staff schedule sand service delivery tasks with Executive Director/Wellness Coordinator/Health & Wellness Director.
- Reads staff communication records and maintains familiarity with Resident records as required.
- Assists with scheduled Residents activities of daily living/ADL s, environmental orientation, assistance with medication, treatments and other care while encouraging self-care and independence.
- Provides services as indicated on Resident assessment and service plans.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows infection control procedures.
- Maintains clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for Residents, staff and visitors, including provision of housekeeping services for Residents.
- Observes problems, concerns, issues observed with Resident apartments, the building and the grounds and communicates them to the Maintenance Director.
- Observes changes in Resident status, needs or preferences and communicates them to the Wellness Coordinator.
- Reports Community Associate concerns and/or issues to the Wellness Coordinator,
- Health & Wellness Director and/or Executive Director, as designated.
- Observes all work, safety and administrative policy training in performing all job assignments.
- Adheres to all established policies and procedures.
- Records Resident information as required.
- Acts as a lead trainer and mentor for staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to procedures for fire, life safety, disaster, security, work, safety and other emergency procedures.
- Assists with individual Resident and group social recreational activities.
- Assists in the implementation of policies and procedures relating to Resident care and oversight of all health care related services.
- Provides assistance in supervision and oversight as assigned in provision of all Resident services, including the coordination of those provided by independently contracted ancillary health care providers as requested by Residents and families.
- Ensures the Resident s assessed needs are provided to Community Team Members for service delivery execution.
- Participates in service plan conferences as required.
- Assures accurate transcription of physician orders into treatment/medication record within state requirements.
- Assists as directed with move-in and orientation of new Residents and designated agent(s).
- Reviews Resident service records, treatment and medication books to assure quality of care.
- Verifies physician orders, move-in/move-out information and initiates appropriate action/follow-up within state requirements.
- Assists in the ordering of medications from pharmacy within state requirements.
- Assists in the coordination of therapeutic diet orders with staff as required.
- Assures proper records are maintained and documented as designated Communicates health emergencies to determine emergency medical measures take regarding Resident care to the Wellness Coordinator.
- Acts as Resident advocate in medical-social situations involving Resident and/or designated agents, physician, other agents or agencies.
- Ensures compliance with all rules and regulations related to Resident care (i.e. HIPAA, State Regulations and OSHA, etc.).
- Maintains a professional demeanor with all Residents, families and friends, professional referrals and the general public in representing the Community and the Company.
- Attends in-service training as required.
- Reports all suspicions of abuse, neglect and/or financial exploitations of a Resident immediately to the supervisor, as described in the Company s policy and procedures on reporting.
- Maintains and protects the confidentiality of resident information at all times.
- Associate should perform additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- A passion for helping seniors
- High school diploma or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be certified as a Certified Medication Aide (CMA) and meet the state s specific certification requirements
- The ideal candidate will be caring, organized, and able to multi-task
- Six months of work experience in a retirement community setting is preferred
- Candidate must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively with residents, families, guests, and other associates in English
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.