The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like static fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future — join us!
We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent collaboration. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we’re achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team works with clients, registrants, and jurisdictions to ensure designs, buildings, sites, and processes are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Our team of interdisciplinary code professionals work collaboratively to assure designs comply with all requirements of the international codes. Our history with local and regional jurisdictions and tribal governments includes plan review, field inspection, and safety consultant.
A Residential Inspector Apprentice is responsible for accompanying a certified inspector on simple to complex residential construction inspections; learning applicable codes, ordinances, and administrative directives enforced by our jurisdictional clients.
Our training program teaches you how to: read and interpret residential codes, product specifications, and construction documents; work directly with developers, contractors, and customers to identify, document, and assist in resolving issues to gain compliance in all residential codes; understand construction methods and product applications; evaluate compliance based upon the specific conditions of each construction project, including the scope of work to be performed, nature of work, age of existing building, codes applicable during the original construction, and present code requirements; and maintain field result paperwork and files.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist trainer during inspections with project site documents including plans and truss calculations.
- Take written notes during inspections and communicate with trainer regarding code enforcement.
- Driving to field sites as instructed by trainer.
- Successful completion of International Code Council Residential Building Code certification within 3 months of program start.
- Successful completion of an additional International Code Council certification within 6 months of program start.
- Interact with clients and citizens in a responsible manner while always working safely without presenting a threat to self or others in compliance with Stantec regulations.
- Prioritize customer service, integrity, and a commitment to safety.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office at a proficient level.
- Driver’s license with satisfactory driving record required.
- Field inspection requires city driving, bending, twisting, walking on uneven surfaces, exposure to the elements including inclement weather, and wearing/maintaining PPE (personal professional equipment).
- Desired candidates will need to commit to a full-time training program for a minimum of six months.
Education and Experience
Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent. No prior experience necessary.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Building Technologist/Technician
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Chandler
Other Locations: United States-Arizona-Tucson
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 200001RA
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.