Sun Valley Lodge
Sun Valley Lodge is hiring for a FULL TIME caregiver.
Reports to: Assisted Living Manager
Act under the supervision of the Assisted Living Manager or designee to carry out all duties of supervised and personal care assistance (including housekeeping, serving of food, laundry, and activities) to residents of Sun Valley Lodge Assisted Living Center. Responsible for handling residents in a manner conducive to their safety, dignity, and emotional and physical well-being. Responsible for executing all duties within the guidelines of local and state law and Sun Valley Lodge policies, procedures, and resident rights.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting, oral hygiene, positioning, transfers, mobility, and incontinence care within the guidelines of state law and Sun Valley Lodge Assisted Living Center policies and procedures.
- Collect, launder, and return resident’s personal laundry. Follow all policies governing infection control and hazardous waste.
- Assist all residents in participating in planned activity programs seven days per week.
- Prepare, assist with and document the administration of medication to residents under supervision of Assist Living Manager or assigned designee and in strict compliance with state regulations and physician’s orders.
- Handle any admissions for new resident’s updates or new information.
- Check on and order any medications needed
- Assure any new orders are transcribed and faxed to pharmacy
- Assist in monitoring diet orders and communication to Dietary Department
- Evaluates emergencies and determines emergency measures taken regarding resident care
- Examines and gives first aid to residents within the scope of practice
- Take responsibility to fill in staffing schedule when needed
5. Prepare residents for meals and snacks and assist residents in dining room.
6. Keep proper records of care given. Also, document and report any refusals of care to the A.L. Manager.
7. Follow all safety and infection control policies and procedures.
8. Attend all required in-service training.
9. Comply with and understand all resident rights.
10. Communicate all pertinent information to Assisted Living Manager or appropriate designee.
11. Communicate with oncoming shift to ensure follow-through of duties.
12. Report unsafe or hazardous conditions immediately.
13. English is our chosen business language. Therefore the ability to read, write, speak and understand English is essential.
14. Other duties as assigned.
We will train and provide the certification for the right candidate
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Certification: Must have completed and provide evidence of completion of a DHS-approved training program for caregivers appropriate to the license sub-classification or provide evidence from a DHS approved trainer of competency in the material; Certification as a licensed certified caregiver preferred.
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Current first aid and CPR certification specific to adults.
- Has a minimum of 3 months full time or 6 months part time experience.
- Ability to communicate well with the elderly and other staff; compassion and desire to work with frail adults.
- Must be able to work as scheduled in a 24/7 environment.
- Shows positive motivation in all aspects of job.
- Treats residents and team members with respect and dignity.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL FUNCTIONING REQUIRED:
This is a very heavy work position requiring lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling over 100 pounds. Frequent lifting and/or carrying of 50 pounds plus. Stooping, kneeling and extending hands and arms in any direction; seizing, holding, grasping and turning objects by use of the hands. Talking, hearing, walking and balance essential. The ability to move hands easily and skillfully. May be subjected to physical injury inflicted by a confused person. The workplace may provide some exposure to infectious diseases and hazardous waste. Must be able to distinguish smells, tastes, and temperatures. This position is considered a “safety sensitive” position. This position involves performing tasks and duties that could affect the Caregiver’s safety or health or that of others’ safety or health.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.