SUNNYSIDE PRESBYTERIAN HOME
The primary responsibilities of the Wellness Instructor are to lead group exercise classes, supervise one-on-one exercise sessions, and assist Wellness Director in creating and implementing wellness programming.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Two years of experience in wellness/fitness or a combination of education and experience in field.
- Knowledge of proper exercising technique according to industry standards as set forth by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
- Experience instructing group/individual exercise classes preferred.
- Ability to assist in developing and implementing senior specific wellness programming.
- Ability to process information accurately, make appropriate decisions and take appropriate action based upon the information available.
- CPR and First Aid certified or ability to attain.
- Strong customer service skills; maintain a hospitality approach when engaging all individuals.
- Assist residents with use of Wellness Center. Perform one-on-one training sessions when required. Orient new residents to the Wellness Center. Engage residents in the Wellness Center, make appropriate exercise recommendations, correct improper form.
- Assist Wellness Director in providing wellness programming. Willingly accept assignments designated by Wellness Director. Suggest appropriate and imaginative programming ideas to Wellness Director. Assist in developing and implementing wellness events that have been pre-approved by the Wellness Director.
- Develop and create written educational and informational materials, such as bulletin boards, flyers, articles, pamphlets as coordinated with Wellness Director. Produce materials that are neat, professional and clearly articulated.
- Implement appropriate exercise programs based on individual health status, industry standards, ACSM guidelines and that meet individual fitness goals, needs and health conditions. Recognize when to adjust or cancel individual exercise sessions and act accordingly. Report any notable individual resident safety or health concerns to the Wellness Director promptly.
- Strive to sustain and increase resident participation. Contact new residents as instructed by Wellness Director and ensure that appropriate forms are completed. Assist in creating and promoting motivational exercise challenges. Assist in planning and implementing promotional events.
- Teach high quality group exercise classes that are varied, creative and enjoyable in a safe and effective manner. Follow industry standards and ACSM guidelines. Use proper form and clear verbal instruction. Consistently score well on Instructor Evaluation which is completed by Wellness Director as needed.
- Maintain current pool records. Record all necessary pool information (i.e. water temperature, pH, CI in pool area) appropriately. Notifies Wellness Director of low supply of pool/spa chemicals, cleaning products and locker room supplies. Completely weekly pool/spa cleaning and maintenance checklists.
- Help properly maintain the “pump room” equipment and chemicals.
- Enforce pool/spa rules. Monitor the use and cleanliness of the locker room. Restock toiletries. Deliver towels to laundry/housekeeping department. Lock pool door at pool closing.
- Monitor and maintain work environment including fitness equipment. Complete weekly cleaning and maintenance checklists. Ensure that all equipment is in proper working order. Alert Wellness Director and/or maintenance of necessary repairs.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Attend all in-services, training and meetings as required.
- Meet all training requirements as required by Federal and State Regulations, company and community policies.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety by following safety rules and guidelines; follow good housekeeping practices, take proper care of equipment and perform job duties and responsibilities in a safe and responsible manner.
- Demonstrate dependability, reliability and punctuality. Report to work when schedule, ready to work.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.