You will demonstrate strong consultative, relationship building, interpersonal and influence skills, and will be effective at quickly establishing credibility and developing working relationships with others across Tailored Brands, leverage trends and insights, and demonstrate a measurable impact on our talent and organization needs. This hands-on leadership role will need to be able to flex from strategic to tactical work depending on priorities and to contribute talented L&D; team.
This position reports to the Director- Talent, Learning and Development. This position can be located in Fremont, CA or Houston, TX. Come find your perfect fit with us!
In this role, your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Deliver and implement L&D; framework strategy that addresses workforce capabilities, skills and competencies needed to support current and future strategies. with an initial emphasis on creating an overall forward looking manager/leadership development onboarding program and roadmap
- Create approaches and tools for building the overall effectiveness and well-being of our employees through engagement efforts, retention strategies, team development, and culture efforts, as needed.
- Ensure learning and development programs embrace new technologies and multi-faceted delivery approaches.
- Define, design and execute scalable and consistent individual contributor and manager experiences through the creation and delivery of learning journeys that promote development and engagement
- Design, develop and implement learning strategies that include solutions to address specific organizational gaps and development needs
- Build and manage the Leadership Development programs across the continuum of managers: LEAD- First Time People Manager, IMPACT- Experienced Manager Training and IGNITE- High Potential Senior Leadership Development
- Manage through organizational change initiatives, identifying opportunities for on-time training interventions and new leader enablement tools.
- Contribute to the design, delivery, and measurement of a leadership effectiveness initiative. Create a feedback loop with Executive Leaders and Senior Management and our HR Business Partners
- Create efficiencies and consistent experiences between the functional onboarding programs; create strong working relationships with HR Business partners across the organization.
- Build an agile enterprise-wide learning culture through the design and implementation of training deliverables, from learning objectives to modalities to tone.
- Manage the instructional and creative design function; encourage new and creative technology, themes, and tools for training a diverse and dispersed employee population;
- Aim for creative and on-job application with an iterative approach.
- Serve as the train the trainer facilitator across the L&D; programs;
- Enhance and deliver the learning and development framework by continuously assessing organizational learning needs, designing implementing and evaluating programs that foster professional development, tracking training metrics and by managing vendor partnerships.
- Co-manage manage the L&OD; SharePoint page.
- Lead all aspects of Performance Management including training, process implementation, communications, tracking and reporting
- Drive/support programs such as the Engagement Survey
- Assess and make recommendations to continuously improve enterprise-wide Organizational Development initiatives such as Performance Management, Talent Review, Succession Planning, Individual Development Planning, Learning and Development and Change Management.
- Lead/support other individual/team projects/initiatives as needed.
Skills & Experience (Required and Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business, Communications, Management or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 7+ years of progressive L&D; experience required preferably in the retail industry
- Strong training design, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong full cycle project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to changing environments.
- Positive, proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and ability to build effective business relationships.
- Ability to successfully drive initiatives in a matrix environment and work with all levels of the organization.
- Outstanding communication, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Has a passion for the art and science talent development; Experience in organizational design and effectiveness is a plus.
- Understands adult learning theory and basic instructional design concepts; can apply concepts for maximum audience engagement and effectiveness; can measure learning outcomes and business results; Can “roll up sleeves” and design/contribute
- Possesses superior verbal and written communication skills; Excellent proficiency in PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel
- Uses data and insights to craft meaningful and professional executive-level communications; Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Is decisive and comfortable owning and messaging the decision; can maneuver through ambiguity
- Is an effective facilitator with motivational, high-impact facilitation style
- Has strong interpersonal skills; Leads by example; Enjoys working with others in a collaborative, social environment; Effective at building and maintaining strong relationships
- Has a passion for excellence; attention to detail is critical to success
- Stay current on developments and innovations in training and education in our industry so that Tailored Brands’ training remains relevant
- Developing and maintain internal/external relationships; Vendor Management experience
- Professional Qualifications or related certifications such as coaching , behavioral assessments
- Some travel may be required.
Work Locations: 02098A Corporate Office 6100 Stevenson Blvd Fremont 94538-2453
Job: Human Resources
Organization: Tailored Shared Services
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.