The Ackerly at Sherwood
Come join the Leisure Care team at the Ackerly at Sherwood as a PrimeFit Personal Trainer / Senior Fitness Instructor. Part time position is available with great benefits and an opportunity for future full time position.
This position is responsible for providing personal health and fitness services for residents including fitness center and equipment orientations, health-related fitness assessments, personalized exercise prescription, and general guidance with health and fitness programs. This position is also responsible for conducting private and small group personal training sessions.
Essential Job Functions
1. Responsible for developing plans for personal fitness training services including
- Service offerings
- Customer communications
- Satisfaction measurements
- Input for program development.
2. Responsible for adhering to monthly-budgeted income goals.
3. Successfully advertises PrimeFit Personal Training Services to residents, families and the community through promotional programs.
4. Creates a positive, fun and safe atmosphere that promotes social, intellectual, emotional, spiritual and physical growth for older adults.
1. Demonstrates knowledge of and complies with state/provincial regulations as they apply to older adult personal training and this job description.
2. Obtains First Aid and CPR certification and maintains annually. (CPR training is provided annually)
3. Obtains and maintains registration as a Senior Personal Trainer with the American Senior Fitness Association. (Within 2 months of starting the position)
1. Interacts in a positive, empathetic manner with older adults, their families, referral sources, and the community at large. Identifies and responds to the resident’s needs in an appropriate manner.
2. Demonstrates basic knowledge of the retirement housing industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of:
- Personal training principles for older adults
- Exercise science and physiology of aging
- Functional assessment
- Personal exercise prescription for older adults
- Teaching and leadership
- Injury/fall prevention, first aid and emergency procedures
- Ethics and professional standards
- Displays excellent customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills
- Maintains a professional demeanor at all times
- Works both independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrates a warm, engaging, and patient manner
Education and Experience
1. Have completed a four (4)-year university level program in exercise science OR have a nationally recognized certification in Senior Personal Training with an additional three (3) years experience working with older adults.
2. Be registered as a Senior Personal Trainer with the American Senior Fitness Association or obtain this registration within three (3) months of hire.
3. It is recommended that the Personal Trainer obtain ten (10) Continuing Education Credits, annually, that focus on older adults and fitness.
4. Have computer and organizational skills to develop and maintain a successful Senior Fitness Program.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position and as a result other duties may be assigned.
The Ackerly at Sherwood is a positive, 1st Class retirement community that believes in 5-star fun for residents and staff. Come join in the fun!
Job Type: Part-Time
Salary: $15 /hour
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We have extensive protocols in place to keep our residents and staff safe.
- Personal Training: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Company’s Facebook page:
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.