The Barre Code
Franchise Business Manager
Chicago or Remote | Full-Time | Experience Required
The Barre Code is looking to hire a Franchise Business Manager to add to our growing corporate team. The Franchise Business Manager (FBM) is the first line of support for our Franchise Owners. As an FBM, your work will directly impact the success of the organization by influencing the performance and profitability of our Franchisees. You will assist Franchisees by providing a wide range of coaching, training and development services; developing and facilitating strategic initiatives to promote sales growth and profitability and ensuring consistency through education and guidance on unit and multi-unit operations. Successful FBM’s will leverage their industry and business development experience to assess current performance, identify areas of opportunities, recommend solutions based upon best practices, develop an action plan and follow up to ensure maximum results.
- Build trusting relationships with assigned Franchisees as their primary corporate support contact and operational coach.
- Work collaboratively with the Franchisees to develop a business/operational plan that includes specific goals with key initiatives and deadlines to help them achieve maximum growth potential.
- Manage assessment reports and assist Franchisees with ongoing analysis of their business and areas for improvement through short and long-term business planning and regular business reviews.
- Accountable for franchisee profitability, operations excellence, driving sales in the local market, and leading change for success.
- Provide Franchisees with appropriate coaching, training, education and development tools.
- Be an active and engaged ambassador for the brand by ensuring compliance for the brands, operations, service and business standards.
- Responsible for understanding, interpreting, upholding and enforcing system standards, policies and contracts as well as communicating and implementing any changes to these with Franchisees.
- Ensure Franchisees have completed and implemented all current unit level training programs.
- Assess ongoing training needs of Franchisees and identify problems where training needs are evident. Responsible for the communication/training and follow up of all new product, service and process rollouts to assigned Franchisees. Provide hands-on training when applicable.
- Act as liaison between Franchisees, Corporate, and any external vendors, ensuring effective flow of communication.
- Review local level results and adoption of brand initiatives and create action plans to improve consistency in implantation throughout the organization.
- Provide front line / Franchisee perspective in the identification and development of new initiatives, communication, and training, and to define and solve Franchisee challenges.
- Willing to take a leading role in developing components of franchise support systems, or systems in their entirety, for the betterment of the entire organization.
- Conduct field visits at assigned franchise locations. Provide assessment and written follow up after each visit and on-going meetings to ensure execution of any action plans.
- Provide regular performance results by Franchisee and regional group to corporate team.
- 4+ years in multi-unit leadership, franchise operations support role or as a small business owner.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, service, finance, or related field
- Demonstrated track record of meeting operational goals and maximizing revenue in franchise environment.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, influence, and inspirational abilities with strong verbal and written communication skills (phone, email, in-person, virtual and presentation).
- Clear understanding of financial drivers of franchise business operations, including management of P&L;, market conditions, competitive landscape, and trends.
- Proven ability to determine expectations, measure effectiveness and enforce quality standards with a proficiency of developing action plans, set targets and complete within deadlines.
- Adept at working independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management, organization and analytical skills.
- Excellent problem resolution skills with a creative, solution-oriented mindset.
- Must be detail- oriented and thorough in all aspects of you work.
- Ability to learn quickly and easily adapt to a dynamic work environment.
- Must be flexible and comfortable dealing with uncertainty, demonstrated ability to create structure and prioritize work effectively.
- Capacity to remain calm when challenged and uphold professionalism when working through conflict.
- Must complete other tasks and projects as assigned by leadership.
- Experience in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Mariana Tek, BrandBot, & Wisetail systems preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50% as needed
WHO WE ARE
The Barre Code has spent the past decade expanding nationally to over 60 locations and counting while motivating a community of over 200,000 members. Our mission to support and empower women led us to develop our franchising model in which motivated, entrepreneurial spirited individuals can bring our life-changing concept to their local community. As The Barre Code continues to grow, our vision to positively impact lives through fitness only grows stronger.
- We teach badass classes. We go beyond the barre with our all-in-one program: Barre,
- Bootcamp, & Brawl. Sweat under neon lights to music that drives you, led by the most passionate instructors in the industry.
- We preach “Nothing to lose. Everything to gain.” We will never idolize slimming shapes or shrinking sizes. We are a safe space for every BODY.
- We practice radical self-love. We show ourselves love through movement. We celebrate our unique abilities & strengths. We work to let go of standards that do not serve us.
- We build a stronger society. We are a collective of women who accept the differences that make us beautiful, and together, strive for beauty that makes a difference.
We believe that the fitness industry as a whole largely under-represents marginalized people in society — including people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ people. We started The Barre Code to be an inclusive, empowering space for all, and we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do to achieve our mission. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
To keep our employees safe, all travel has been temporarily postponed, and work is performed remotely from home.
- Chicago, IL (Required)
- Fully Remote
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Company’s Facebook page:
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.