In the role of Resident Experience Coordinator, you are empowered to work side by side with resident’s discovering their strengths and talents to provide a purpose for each new day.
Facilitating connections so people become well-known and belong to the community is an integral component of every task. Once individuals discover their strengths, engage in their purpose, and belong to the community, activities emerge.
- A known champion for creating a culture that is resident directed, focused on identifying and highlighting resident strengths, creating an environment that restores one’s purpose and allows opportunities for being well-known and belonging in the community.
- Promotes spontaneous happenings and a variety of activities that combat loneliness, helplessness and boredom among residents.
- Speaks often of resident’s simple pleasures and finds ways for associates and residents to work together to restore meaningful joys.
- Assume responsibility to educate other associates on creating an environment where strengths, purpose and belonging flourish and grow.
- Suggest topics and lead learning circles focused on the resident’s experience.
- Involves residents in all resident experience decision and asks residents for solutions to any issues the community encounters.
- Serves as the first point of contact for residents and guests; covers the reception desk and answers incoming calls as determined by management.
- Supports residents and guests with questions, concerns and emergencies; may be the first point of contact for emergency responders and/or regulatory agencies.
- Supports community operations to ensure the highest levels of resident experience and satisfaction.
- Encourages resident volunteerism and tracks metrics of hours that residents are giving back to others.
- Produce a monthly newsletter/calendar of events and activities.
- Adheres to monthly budget and continually looks for ways to enhance the resident experience in terms of the quality of programs paid vendors deliver.
- Plan and implement special seasonal events to celebrate resident birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays.
- Keeps Activity Room organized and welcoming.
- Implement and carryout Resident Welcome Home Program as well as assuming partial responsibility for resident satisfaction with in the first 90 days.
- Lead exercise sessions and coordinate with professional instructors to teach fitness classes (i.e., Tai Chi or Yoga) – based on budget and/or resident interest.
- Coordinate resident and public volunteers to successfully enhance daily activities and events – focusing on volunteers’ interests and passions.
- Participate in regional conference calls and companywide trainings.
- Build relationships and market program successes on a weekly basis with local community contacts. Network to establish opportunities for residents to volunteer and give back to the local community.
- Promote your activities, events, and community within the media by working with Support Center Communications and Resident Experience (PR opportunities, Facebook, Yammer, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Senior Fitness Instructor Certification preferred; or activity/fitness related work experience with senior citizens, and familiarity with challenges that affect seniors.
- Must possess a good driving record, valid drivers’ license and a current CDL License or be able to obtain a CDL within 60 days of employment to safely operate the Community bus for activity and program related outings.
- Strong team player!
- 40 hour/work week with flexibility to shift hours or work additional hours if budgeted and approved.
- Thorough knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Saturday (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly