The Edge Fitness Clubs, LLC
Summary & Reports to:
The Edge Fitness Club’s General Manager is responsible for the overall operational and financial performance of the club, including profitability, asset management, accounting compliance, member satisfaction, sales, personnel training and employee development. You will ensure the fiscal effectiveness of all profit centers and provide leadership to accomplish overall departmental objectives. You will work hand in hand with your club’s management team to guarantee operational excellence.
Duties & Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Financial Performance & Sales:
- Accountable for the daily, monthly and yearly financial performance of the club while driving revenues and managing expenses
- Participates with the Senior Leadership Team to build the annual forecast
- Oversees the Sales Manager and Membership Department to ensure that the KPI’s are met
- Works in collaboration with the sales department to ensure the club is meeting or exceeding the daily, monthly and yearly membership forecast
- Oversees the Fitness Manager and Fitness Department to ensure that the KPI’s are met
- Works in collaboration with the Personal Training Department to ensure the club is meeting or exceeding the daily, monthly and yearly personal training forecast
- Ensures that the ancillary departments are achieving or exceeding revenue targets by providing the guidance and direction the team needs to effectively hit these goals
- Prepare the club’s success on a daily basis by putting a plan and effectively communicating that plan to the team on how to reach the daily goals
- Reviews the biweekly payroll submissions and reports on commission’s changes communicates PTO to payroll
- Creating strategies to ensure the vision (forward thinking) ie: need new trainers, always looking forward
Team & People Management:
- Maintains managerial oversight for all departments (Membership Sales, Front Desk Personnel, Personal Training, Edge Kids, Group Exercise and Maintenance) and communicates regularly with department heads regarding the performance of each department
- Understands the company’s Mission Statement, core values and overall culture of the business, leading by example and holding all employees accountable to The spirit of The Edge
- Works closely with department heads on making the decision to hire all sales and training staff at the club
- Recruitment, interview and ultimately make the decision to hire new employees into the club
- Authorizes and approves all staffing changes including new hires, promotions and terminations
- Schedule all front desk employees and sales team to ensure the club is staffed properly to hit their goals while staying within the parameters of the payroll budgets
- Effectively manage and communicate Policies and Procedures and make sure they are being uniformly enforced
- Creates a positive and healthy workplace that fosters constant and never-ending improvement
- Provides the time to coach, train and develop each staff member’s sales and customer service skills through practice and training
- Provides feedback and positive reinforcement on a regular basis to encourage and motivate staff
- Arranges meetings with underperforming staff to provide a coaching session and a progress improvement plan
- Meets with the Fitness Manager daily to strategize on how to get the personal training department to goal. Takes the time to coach and teach the Fitness Manager
- Meets with the Personal Trainers on a daily basis to make a plan on how each individual trainer is going to get to goal each month. Takes that time to coach and teach how that trainer will be successful
- Holds a production meeting daily with the membership department to manage the KPI’s of that department and takes the time to coach and teach what that department needs to do to get to goal
- Conduct weekly staff meetings to reinforce team building, education and communicate team’s KPI’s
- Attends weekly management meetings with corporate staff to present their club’s performance and overview of the current club status
- Corresponds daily with the department heads about the state of the state, communicating any needs or concerns
- Conducts reviews of their employees with the help of each department head
- Personally conducts or appoints staff members to walk through of their club hourly to ensure that the equipment, locker rooms and overall facility maintenance are meeting Edge standards and is promoting our brand
- Meets and conducts a weekly walk through of their club with the Facilities Director to ensure the cleanliness and safety of the clubs is meeting or exceeding company standards
- Ensures that all club marketing and materials are accurate and up to date
- Oversee the inventory of the club and takes measures to manage loss
- Maintains quality service by establishing and maintaining relationships with the customers to ensure their experience
- Carry and conduct themselves as if they are the owner of the business at all times
- Committed to delivering excellent member service and operates as the “mayor” of the club by greeting members by name, walking the floor to shake hands and build rapport
- Educates and enforces new club policies and procedures and ensures consistency
- Responds quickly to member issues and complaints in a timely and courteous fashion
- Related Health Club experience in a leadership role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Thrives in a customer focused environment
- Excellent Team-Work
Education & Experience:
- A University degree or equivalent experience is required
- 3 Years of leadership and people management of large cross-functional teams including proven success in leading, coaching and motivating teams to achieve goals and objectives in a consumer-facing service oriented environment
- Related industry experience required
Integrity & Trust: Demonstrates consistently sound personal and business ethics and behaviors. Builds trust with others through openness and candor. Communicates intentions, ideas, and feelings openly and directly.
Sales Strategy Development: Quantifies and prioritizes available opportunities for achieving sales performance objectives. Identifies future sales-related trends, creates clear action plans for achieving results and adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Customer Focus: The ability to identify and respond to current and future customer’s needs.
Accountability: Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions; follows through on commitments; implements decisions that have been agreed upon; maintains confidentiality with sensitive information; acknowledges and learns from mistakes without blaming others; recognizes the impact of one’s behavior on others.
Initiative: Identifies opportunities and issues, and proactively acts and follows through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them.
Negotiation Skills: Effectively explores alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties support and acceptance.
Safety: Places high value on workplace safety of self and others; maintains a clean environment. Identifies potential hazards and pursues corrective actions; follows established safety policies and procedures.
Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on situation.
Coaching Skills: Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/ skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
Business Acumen: Fosters knowledge in policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and/or industry.
Continuous Improvement: Originates action to improve existing conditions and processes using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impacts.
Managing Change: Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities, facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
Teamwork: Actively participates and fosters an environment that sustains a collaborative approach to working with others.
Decision Making: Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences. The ability to make decisions and solve problems involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity, and risk.
Building Partnerships: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
Conflict Management: Prevents, manages, and/or resolves conflict.
Inspires Vision: Articulates a clear image of the future or sense of purpose and inspire others to believe and work towards it.
Influencing Others: Gains others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
Forward Thinking: Anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This role will require walking and standing during entire shift, or remain stationary for long periods of time. This would require the ability to lift weights, 5lbs up to 100lbs and bend or stand as necessary. This position will also require frequent washing of hands.
This job operates in a health club environment. This position routinely deals with club employees, members and vendors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. This is a high paced environment.
There is very little travel in this position. The employee may be asked to travel local infrequently to other clubs or to corporate for meetings.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a non-exempt, full-time position with varied hours based on business needs. This position requires night and weekend hours.
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance ($25k), MetLife
- Long Term Disability (LTD), MetLife
- PTO & Vacation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), MetLife
- Complimentary membership for you and one other (full time employees only)
- Employee Discounts and more!
This position is responsible for the leadership, interviewing, hiring, scheduling, and performance managing all management staff in their club.
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.