The Edge Fitness Clubs, LLC
CYCLING GROUP EXERCISE INSTRUCTOR
Summary & Reports to:
We aim to inspire at The Edge Fitness Clubs, we pride ourselves in offering our members a variety of amazing fitness classes including indoor cycling, strength, cardio and Mind Body. Our awesome instructors are some of the best in the fitness industry and what give us an EDGE with our members. Our goal is to provide our members with an intense, upbeat and motivating atmosphere that will help our members get an Edge in life. As an indoor cycling instructor, you will lead 35 members on a musically drive ride, interval-based cycling class. If you are passionate about people and enjoy inspiring, motivating and leading others, we’d love to talk to you!
Duties & Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Deliver The Edge Experience to our members in each class
- Ability to lead with confidence
- Ability to count to the music and create a ride to the music
- Maintain a strong and active social media presence
- Be punctual and exhibit a positive attitude
- Project a professional image through dress, behavior and attitude
- Must be outgoing, energetic and able to perform in front of an audience
- Ability to communicate with people of all age groups
- Demonstrate proper techniques and form on the bike
- Ensure class begins and ends on time;
- Teach respective classes on a regular basis and keep subbing to a minimum;
- Communicate with Group Fitness Manager on member feedback, equipment and operational status, scheduling, and subbing
- Maintain a professional attitude toward responsibilities, fellow instructors, club staff and members
- Support and articulate the Edge Fitness mission statement
- Maintain a healthy way of life
- Adhere to Group Exercise policies and procedures
- Demonstrate positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers
- Must possess and maintain current CPR/AED certification
- Six months teaching group classes
- Must have access to regular email and phone communication
- Ability to build relationship with members
- Excellent customer service and promotional skills; energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of fitness, and program design
- Knowledge of safe exercise techniques
- Ability to demonstrate safe exercise techniques
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Education & Experience:
- Have experience teaching Group Fitness classes in a related discipline
- Program design experience preferred
- Valid Group Exercise Certification Required
- Specialty Certifications (Les Mills, Barre, Spin, Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, Kickboxing, MOSSA Power, ETC)
Customer Focus: The ability to identify and respond to current and future customer’s needs.
Collaboration Skills: Works effectively with, and influences those outside of, your functional area for positive impact on business performance.
Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on the situation.
Coaching Skills: Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/ skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
Time Management: Handles their own time well, as well as that of the boss. Coordinates the needs and demands of multiple people and is flexible and adaptable with ever-changing schedules on short notice as situations change. Prioritizes well and delegates routine tasks when possible.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to perform an aerobic activity for the duration of a class. Bending and moving is done frequently. Physical activity will include standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing, sitting and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Lifting requirements are 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. The vision requirements are close, distant, depth, and ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a health club environment. This position routinely deals with club employees, members and vendors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. This is a high paced environment.
There is no travel required for this position.
Position type & expected hours of work:
This is a part-time, non-exempt position where you are expected to work your scheduled class time.
- Competitive compensation
- Membership to Edge Fitness Clubs *must teach 2 classes per week
- Access to our Edge Kids Care
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.