The Edge Fitness Clubs, LLC
Summary & Reports to:
As a Sales Manager with The Edge Fitness Clubs, your main responsibility is to ensure your Membership Advisor Team is successful. You will accomplish this by coaching, teaching and training your staff on each Key Performance Indicator they need to master in order to hit your club Membership Units & Revenues goals. Each club has a daily, monthly and annual membership goal that you are ultimately responsible for. In addition to the club goal, you will also have a personal membership goal set each month by your Regional Sales Manager. You will lead your Sales team by example. To hold this position, you must be passionate about helping our members achieve results & change lives. You must have the ability to create a sense of urgency with your team. You must create a culture of having fun while getting to goal. Your ability to create and sustain a culture of driving and grinding to achieve our membership unit and revenue goal, while having fun, will dictate your success.
“Your job as a sales manager is not develop sales, but to develop sales people.” -Jack Daly
Duties & Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Attains team membership goal by executing all areas of The Edge sales process creating the urgency to join
- Generates dollars by collecting the maximum amount of revenues based on current club promotions
- Monitors the KPI’s to ensure that each of your Membership Advisors are achieving or exceeding our membership sales objectives
- Performs daily outreach to generate off-site leads, appointments and memberships
- Sets individual and team goals and hold the team accountable to those goals
- Ensures that the Membership Advisor is building excitement on the tour to ensure the prospect’s first impression of the club is a good one, they build value on the initial training appointment, grow referrals, presents price properly & never lets an opportunity pass by
- Coaches, teaches & trains the MA to develop and improve their sales and customer service skills
- Create & build strategies through constant training around key sales techniques (role playing the TI’s, club tours & membership presentation)
- Work with the Membership Advisor to establish tailored business plans and strategies to meet their monthly sales goals and targets
- Ensure that all Membership Advisors are aware of the current sales and marketing promotions going on
- Provide ongoing feedback and recognition to each Membership Advisor
- Hold daily production meetings with your team
- Attend weekly sales meeting with VP of Sales and Regional Sales Managers
- Be an active participant by providing insight on what is going right, what is going wrong and how is the membership department going to get better
Recruitment & Training:
- Works with HR to begin a requisition when there is a need for a new team member
- Interviews potential membership advisors
- Makes the recommendation to hire all new advisors
- Consistently offers ongoing support and training to all new hires
Education & Experience:
- A University degree is preferred.
- 2 years related Sales Experience with direct consumer sales or membership sales strongly preferred
- Proven track record of achieving and/or exceeding sales goals
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work flexible hours, as necessary during closeouts or end of month
- Demonstrates a “roll up the sleeves” mentality
- Must have a passion for fitness
- Must have a passion to help people
- Strong leadership skills
- Positive and enthusiastic
Integrity & Trust: Demonstrates consistently sound personal and business ethics and behaviors. Builds trust with others through openness and candor. Communicates intentions, ideas, and feelings openly and directly.
Sales Strategy Development: Quantifies and prioritizes available opportunities for achieving sales performance objectives. Identifies future sales-related trends, creates clear action plans for achieving results and adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Managing Performance: The ability to take responsibility for one’s own or one’s employees’ performance, by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring feedback and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
Coaching & Development: Provides feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; plans and supports the development of individual skills and abilities. Provides timely guidance to help others strengthen specific knowledge/ skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
Customer Focus: The ability to identify and respond to current and future customer’s needs.
Communication Skills: Conveys information accurately, concisely and compellingly to a variety of audiences and adapts communication methods based on situation.
Building Partnerships: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
Business Acumen: Fosters knowledge in policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the business and/or industry.
Sales Goals Attainment: Respects and achieves sales plan goals, strives to maintain sales quota for self and team.
Product Knowledge Expertise: The ability to demonstrate in depth knowledge of how our products and services work, know the ins and outs of the products and services just like a customer who uses it every day would. Acquires and applies this knowledge to accomplish results. Understands each department in the club and all services provided.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role however you will be touring prospects walking through the club. We ask that you “walk the walk and talk the talk” by working out! You will be given the opportunity to work with one of our certified personal trainers weekly! This position requires that you work within the clubs and you may go out to the community for outreach.
This job operates in a health club environment. This position routinely deals with club employees, members and vendors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. This is a high paced environment.
There is very little travel in this position. The employee may be asked to travel local infrequently to other clubs or to corporate for meetings.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full time position where hours vary based on the needs of the clubs. This position frequently requires long hours and some night/weekend work. This position may require you to work extra hours on the last day of the month.
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life insurance ($25k), MetLife
- Long Term Disability (LTD), MetLife
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), MetLife
- Complimentary membership for you and one other (full time employees only)
- Employee Discounts and more!
This position is responsible for the leadership, interviewing, hiring, scheduling, and performance managing all Membership Advisors in their club.
Edge Fitness, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Please note these statements are not an exhaustive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.