The Exercise Coach - Perrysburg
“If You Have Enthusiasm, A Positive Attitude, Good Communication Skills and Enjoy Fitness, I Have a Fun and Fulfilling Personal Training Position Just for You!”
The Exercise Coach® brand was built upon the belief that getting and staying strong and healthy shouldn’t feel like a hassle. We understand that everyone knows they should exercise, and everyone wants to be fit and healthy. But, that is easier said than done given busy schedules, and in some cases somewhat beat up bodies.
So, our founder spent years perfecting a workout process that is safe and helps people get the results that matter most to them with just one or two 20-minute workouts per week. We call our method the Smart 20 Fitness Method™.
Smart 20™ workouts are coach-led 100% of the time and are powered by our very own proprietary strength and interval technology. Many athletes, physicians and researchers have stated that Smart 20 workouts really are the pinnacle application of exercise science.
There is just nothing in the fitness industry that compares to the level of personalization and effectiveness we can provide. Every second of a workout at The Exercise Coach® is adapted to our client’s individual ability, and our client’s programs are completely data-driven.
Thousands of people every day enjoy the best possible workout for them at more than 60 nationwide studios. Students and working parents have found our shifts to be very accommodating. We’d love for you to consider joining our team! Check out our web site www.exercisecoach.com.
Job Description and Details:
Unlike the conventional health-club setting, The Exercise Coach® is very professional and distraction-free; offering clients what would be more accurately described as clinical exercise, rather than the latest fitness craze in a crowded, intimidating environment.
The Exercise Coach® is dedicated to helping women and men of all ages achieve their health and fitness goals through customized physical conditioning programs and the use of our proprietary technology.
We are currently looking for a part-time personal trainer who can work a combination of mornings and evenings, and an occasional Saturday morning.
Bottom line: You will be paid $12.00 – 20.00 per hour as a part-time or full-time TEC employee. Your compensation is never commission-based so you are always paid for your time whether training clients or not. Our studio offers a casual, fun environment, top-of-the-line proprietary training equipment and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a successful personal training studio. We want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others. . . because that’s what we do.
Responsibilities and Duties
Tasks You’ll Be Expected to Perform:
- Develop Comprehensive Health & Fitness Programs for Clients: You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system, and you’ll have to incorporate knowledge into safe, effective exercise programming.
- Tracking Client Progress: In order to ensure a client’s success in our programs, you’ll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best possible results.
- Perform Fitness Evaluations: Ideally, you’ll have some fitness assessment skills and can conduct body composition evaluations, and various physical performance tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that’s a bonus. You will be trained on how to use our proprietary technology and other resources to perform required tests, and also how to interpret and present the results to clients.
- Coach clients through program duration: You’ll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed notes on the clients you’re working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you’ll coach and motivate the client and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
- Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction: We need you to be able to provide proper instruction during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc) and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s needs, goals and limitations, and demonstrate, if necessary.
- Provide Ongoing Health and Fitness Education: Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives. You’ll be provided with educational tools and resources, will be expected to study them and speak about them with your clients.
– Lead Follow Up and Conduct Consultations: Responding to leads in an effective and timely manner is a very important aspect of any successful personal training studio. While we like to think we don’t “sell” prospects on our services, you will be required to follow up with leads by phone, email, and/or text and schedule them for a free fitness consultation and trial sessions. This process is well-defined and you will be trained on how to successfully handle this task. However, you must be comfortable on the phone and presenting pricing information to prospective clients, in addition to proposing renewal opportunities to existing clients.
Qualifications and Skills
These are the qualities and skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Passion for Health & Fitness: This is where it all begins!
- Good Communication Skills: You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone and know how to conduct yourself professionally, and deliver clear instructions to the clients.
- People skills and personality: You must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. You must be able to enthusiastically help a client meet their goals. You must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
- Health and Fitness Education: A college degree in a health-related field is nice, but not required. However, fundamental knowledge of exercise science and human biology is essential. You do not need a great deal of personal training experience, but you should have a working knowledge of the human body and the various components of good health and fitness.
- CPR/AED Certification
- Basic nutrition knowledge
- College degree in a health-related field
- Experience with various strength training applications
- Experience working with older adults and with people having various limitations
Thanks so much for your interest in joining our team! Please submit a resume and cover letter by email.
The Exercise Coach® – Perrysburg
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 – $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Personal Training: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.