The Salvation Army - SW Division
LOCATION: Kroc Center Phoenix, Arizona
STATUS: P/T -Non-Exempt
The Group Exercise Instructor II is responsible for building relationships with a variety of members to help them meet their fitness and wellness goals. Instructors will provide orientation to and answer members questions regarding proper use of equipment. Instructors may also teach fitness classes based upon experience and specialties.
Skill / Requirements
QUALIFICATIONS (COMPETENCE & SKILLS):
- Must be able to design high-quality, up-to-date, scientifically sound, safe and effective Group Fitness Classes for a variety of student ability levels.
- Must uphold the scope and practice of fitness professionals.
- Must comply with all applicable business, employment and copyright laws.
- Must uphold and enhance public appreciation and trust for the fitness industry.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all client information.
- Maintain a drug and alcohol free work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clientele and staff.
- Demonstrate positive team leadership capabilities and supervision skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to relate positively and energetically with coworkers and participants.
- Ability to maintain a non-judgmental attitude in working with coworkers and participants.
- Maintain a professional attitude and approach to problem solving.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Thrive in a team-oriented environment. Be a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain poise under pressure.
- Ability to empathize and communicate with low-income and vulnerable people.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.