The Salvation Army Western USA
Resume will be greatly appreciated but is not required to apply.
Position Title: Assistant Center Director
Location: The Salvation Anny
Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center Suisun City, CA
Reports to: Director of Operations/Kroc Center Officers FLSA Status: Exempt
Mission Statement: The Salvation Anny is an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Kroc Center Mission: In keeping with the mission of The Salvation Anny, the Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center provides facilities, programs and services that encourage positive life-changing experiences for children and adults, strengthen families, and enrich the lives of seniors.
Summary/Primary Purpose: The Assistant Center Director assists in providing leadership for the culture, administration, and operations of the facility as a whole. Specific areas of direct responsibility include Aquatics, Sports and Fitness, Child Watch, and Family Enrichment.
Specific direct responsibilities may be removed or added at the discretion of the Center Director. Such additional areas of responsibility may include Membership, Marketing, Events and Facilities, or others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Work cooperatively with the Administrators and Center directory fostering a culture of mission, service, and fiscal responsibility across the center
2. Develop, Implement, coordinate and provide leadership in those activities that pertain to each assigned Department, to include overseeing and supporting departmental leadership in:
Staffing, scheduling and all operational aspects of the department
Regularly meet with manager/lead to lend support and accountability. (programming and budget)
3. Development, implement, coordinate and provide leadership in those activities that pertain to the programming of the facility, to include the oversight and support of the programming function of the facility (aquatics, sports, fitness, child watch and youth (Camps) and family enrichment and possibly Membership, Marketing, Events Facilities and include the oversight and support in:
Direct, assist and support, as may be needed, in the development of program department budgets, on-going oversight of those budgets, regular review of financial reports; on golng program trends with regard to income, attendance, usage and program direction, and made suggestions as to adjustments to programming.
Development, implementation and on-going review of policies and procedures related to Kroc Center programming, in keeping with related Salvation Army policy.
4. Assist and develop new Center Events that will draw in the public. Conduct meetings for planning with pertinent staff. Ensure that events are well organized, funded and that they fit in with the mission, culture and future vision for The Suisun City Kroc Center. Work with marketing and pertinent management to maximize best practices for getting the word out about our programs.
5. Develop, implement and coordinate those actives required for the on-site needs related to the overall staffing requirements for Kroc Center program areas. This will include:
Oversee and/or supervise recruitment, hiring and training of staff, instructors and volunteers in accordance to The Salvation Army guidelines
Assist and conduct screening interviews and provide analysis with regards to an applicant’s “fit” program management staff
Provide a lead role in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for full-time and part-time staff, and the emergency action plan
Develop and administer a program for on-going training, special recognition, and certification opportunities for staff and volunteers
Participate in appropriate staff training and professional development
Provide assistance in the design and development of operational policies and procedures for employee’s, volunteers and users of The Kroc Center. Responsible for the
implementation of the policies and procedures, as the relate to staff training and supervision in departments that you will oversee.
Coach program management staff on how to create and establish effective goals and manage conflict and how to apply conflict resolution methods in organizational situations
7. Development and manage the short and long term planning process of the program departments Including the implementation of visionary plan for growth that accomplishes goals and objectives consistent with the overall mission of The Kroc Center.
8. Proactively ensure a safe environment for all Kroc Center staff, volunteers and participants.
9. Participate as a member of the Kroc Center Committee.
10. Work cooperatively with all members of the management team in the development and administration of a cohesive plan for programming and space utilization of the Kroc Center.
11. Attend all scheduled staff meetings and management team meetings as directed. 12. Conduct regular staff meetings for program department
13. Serve as community liaison between the Kroc Center and community groups, related specifically to areas of job responsibility, as directed.
14. Assist in providing staff support to related Advisory Council Committees as assigned.
15. Develop systems and policies that safeguard the facilities, supplies and equipment related to the specific areas of responsibility.
16. Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.
17. Be available to work weeknights, weekends and holidays, it will be required.
18. All other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.