The Salvation Army Western USA
To give instruction to all ages and levels in any area of Education, Athletics, or Performing Arts. Design Instructional programs and demonstrate proper techniques and style to all levels of participants.
1. Ability to assist in instruction with sound principles in the area of Fitness.
2. Ability to speak and communicate before both small and large groups of people with poise and enthusiasm.
3. Critique and give feedback to participants regarding their work and performance level.
4. Knowledge of safety precaution needed and ability to ensure compliance/adherence by all class members.
5. Maintain a safe working environment; report all harmful problems with facilities to proper supervisor.
6. Generate legible and accurate accident and incident reports as required and immediately rectify or notify appropriate personnel of all accidents to potentially unsafe conditions.
7. Follow and adhere to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.
8. Provide a safe, fun, and enjoyable learning environment for all participants.
9. Maintain a professional demeanor and attitude with children, patrons, customers, staff and upper management.
10. Maintain an open communication with direct supervisor in regards to scheduling and coaching.
11. Be on time and prepared to teach.
12. Help facilitate equality and fairness among all participants.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis. Ability to be able to lift up to 10lbs. Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinets drawers and reach overhead. Ability to operate computer, fax and telephone.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
1. Must have required certifications to teach Group Exercise Class.
2. Must have a passion for the class that will be taught.
3. General understanding of health benefits of exercise.
4. Meet all health and safety regulations as defined by the Health Department as well as the Salvation Army.
5. Must be in good physical and mental health, capable of meeting demands of the gymnasium and athletic programs.
6. Maintain confidentiality of all client information.
7. Maintain a drug and alcohol free environment.
8. Ability to communicate effectively with clientele and staff.
9. Demonstrate the ability to relate positively and energetically with staff, clients, members, and customers.
10. Must have the ability to maintain a non judgmental attitude in working with customers, clients, members and staff.
11. Maintain a professional attitude and approach to problem solving.
12. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
13. Thrive in a team oriented environment. Be a team player.
14. Ability to work in a fast paced environment and maintain poise under pressure.
15. Ability to empathize and communicate with low income and vulnerable people
1. Must be at least 16 years old.
2. Must complete all Salvation Army Required trainings.
3. Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.
4. Must be able to relate well with other people.
5. Must be able to lift and carry 40lbs
6. First Aid/CPR/AED certification within the first 90 days of employment.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.