The Weymouth Club
Director of Group Exercise
Reports to: Fitness Director, Executive Director, Owners
Supervises: All Group Exercise, Mind/Body and Reformer instructors
Full time salaried: Minimum 40 hours per week
Hours: Varied depending on club hours, classes, events, programs and private clients. Specifically daytime hours, class coverage and weekends during busy times. MOD (manager on duty) shifts are required on a weekly and monthly rotation.
- Experience in all areas of Group Exercise and Mind/Body exercise.
- Must have 5 years previous management experience.
- Must possess strong leadership, communication and program development skills.
- Requires enthusiasm and the ability to motivate and help others improve their overall health through Weymouth Club and the Group Exercise and Mind/Body experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- MUST possess the CORE values of Weymouth Club.
- Deliver an exciting, diverse and cutting-edge group exercise experience at the Weymouth Club
- Maintain and update staff files, current certifications
- Hold quarterly in-house trainings specific to improving the quality of programs, workshops and classes
- Recruit and audition all Group Exercise & Mind/Body instructors
- Hire, evaluate, and terminate staff in accordance with Weymouth Club standards
- Prepare, distribute and manage Group Exercise & Mind/Body class schedule
- Submit bi-weekly payroll
- Annual budget
- Attend weekly management meetings
- MOD shift – weekly shift and monthly rotation
- Generate New Member Appointment PT Revenue
- Aptusoft reporting on PT tracking numbers
- Assure safe and quality and safe programming through weekly class audits and proper instructor training
- Meet Weymouth Club safety standards for all studios, classes and workshops
- Maintain equipment and environment within all studios including heat/humidity, stereo, studio cleanliness and accessory equipment (mats, blocks, rings, etc.)
- Monitor inventory of accessory equipment
- Communication / Impact
- Establish communication methods with staff using club email, club phone system and class tracking system
- Teaches a minimum of 3 classes per week
- Hold team meetings once per quarter
- Evaluate all Group Exercise & Mind/Body staff quarterly and complete review forms
- Coordinate with Marketing/Membership Team with design of promotional flyers for Mind/Body membership, classes, private sessions and workshops
- Recruit current WC members to upgrade to MB membership
- Community outreach to increase non-member participation and promote Group Exercise & Mind/Body
- Weekly updates on social media (Facebook/Twitter)
- Update website as needed
- Submit annual marketing plan to marketing department by August 31st
- Submit monthly schedule of events and promotions for member newsletter by 15th of every month for next month
- Meet weekly with direct supervisor to provide departmental updates – day and time TBD
- Integrates staff and members into all areas of WC.
- Conducts member satisfaction/feedback surveys in January and June. Reports results with action plan
- Manage Fitness staff/Personal Trainers in new client generation
- Achieves revenue, expense and net goals
- Manage and assist in budget development for Group Exercise & Mind/Body Department & Fitness
- Track monthly Mind/Body memberships and upgrades
- Proactively anticipates revenue challenges and provides concise plan of action to address concerns
- Drive class/workshop participation and private/group training revenue
- Develop workshop curriculum for Mind/Body center
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.