Thermo Fisher Scientific
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D; in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. This position will utilize the basic functionality of systems and applications relevant to the job function. Strong communication skills are also required.
- Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Supervisor/Manager regarding daily duties.
- Makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements, independently.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
- Communicates with supervisor/manager any customer issues or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Utilizes systems as required by job function.
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to safety requirements.
Job-Specific Duties may include:
- Daily pickup of utilized glassware from labs, wash, sterilize, and redistribute to satellite storage areas
- Maintain good house keeping
- Interact daily with scientific staff
- Report production metrics to management
- Provide glass washing and sterilization services maintaining a constant supply of clean and sterile lab glass
- Utilize washers, ovens, autoclaves and other specialty equipment
- Troubleshoot and triage equipment issues appropriately
- Maintain glassware processing schedules and flexible to fast paced changing priorities
- Perform inspection of glassware for cracks, breaks, and scratches contacting the Supervisor/Manager/Team Lead with all pertinent information for replacement
- Maintain glass wash statistics as decided upon by Thermo Fisher Scientific and customer
- Maintain inventory of glassware in locations throughout the facility
- Maintain required supplies for glassware washing and sterilization operations
- Support the Quality Management System by:
- Development, maintenance and full adherence to departmental work instructions, standard operating procedures (SOP’s) in fulfillment of the requirements of our Quality Management System and the expectations of our interested parties (internal / external).
- Identify and report quality or compliance concerns to management and the quality function and take immediate actions to remedy.
- Must possess a High School Diploma
- Attention to detail; technical problem-solving skills; and ability to multi-task
- Trained in basic laboratory safety
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to perform basic computer operations, such as ability to navigate in MS office, use email, and complete training using Computer Based Training (CBT)
- Ability and willingness to work infrequent overtime hours in support of operations
- Ability to perform manual labor
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values
- Proven excellence in customer service skills
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must possess strong communication skills and customer focus to deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
- May be required to work independently within customer location
- Extensive walking/standing may be required for 75-85% of the day
- Must possess motor skills appropriate to the task
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.