Thermo Fisher Scientific
Senior Inventory Management Specialist
This position is located in Laramie, Wyoming.
Activities will include the material handling aspects of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Managed Services core offerings such as: product receiving, stocking, product disbursement, inventory delivery, chemical handling, and other basic inventory management activities. This position will utilize the functionality of systems and applications such as: RIMS, PacTrac, Chemical Tracking Services and the Microsoft Office suite of programs. The tools that will be employed would include various scanners and desktop computers. Customer interface communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have a basic understanding of the performance metrics applicable to site-specific activities.
What will you do?
- Follows well-defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisors (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
- Makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements, independently.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Fisher reports to ensure customer and Fisher requirements are met.
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction and quickly identifies a course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Utilizes systems or performs the functions stated below:
- Operates various Thermo Fisher Scientific handheld devices that include:
- Requisition & Inventory Management System (RIMS) barcode scanner(s).
- PacTrac Package tracking device
- Chemical Tracking Software
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientific Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Makes on-site program replenishment and disbursements. Performs stockroom duties to include: receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Removes cardboard and trash as needed (Detrashing).
- Delivers direct shipment orders to end users/ performs deliveries as required.
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Must possess a High School Diploma.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Fisher.
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values.
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must possess strong communication skills and customer focus to deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use handheld scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to reconcile various reports to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be able to use a computer and possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in an office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at a customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc)
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as pushcarts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on the area of the building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, face mask, hairnets, safety gloves, and safety glasses.
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.