Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job Title: Site Specialist II
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?This position is primarily focused on the customer service and inventory management aspects of Managed Services.
What will you do?
Activities will include the material handling aspects of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Managed Services core offerings: product receiving, stocking, product disbursement, inventory delivery, and other basic inventory management activities. This position will utilize the functionality of systems and applications such as: RIMS, Mainframe and the Microsoft Office suite of programs. The tools that would include scanners and laptop computers. Customer interface communication skills are required.
- Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Site Manager regarding daily duties.
- Makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements, independently.
- Performs Cycle Counts and API
- Communicates with manager any customer issues or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call /email resolution
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies
- Operates various Thermo Fisher Scientific handheld devices that include:
- RIMS and barcode scanner
- Mainframe system
- Makes on-site program replenishments and disbursements. Performs stockroom duties to include: receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Removes cardboard and trash as needed (Detrashing).
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
How will you get here?
- Must possess a High School Diploma.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Fisher.
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values.
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must possess strong communication skills and customer focus to deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to reconcile various reports to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be able to use a computer and possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Works primarily at customer locations, office cubicle, in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- Work independently at a customer location.
- Extensive walking will be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc)
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and hand trucks
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, facemask, safety gloves, and safety glasses.
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, and/or safety glasses
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.