Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Team:
The Proactive Chat team is part of a broad effort to drive the success & retention of professionals on Thumbtack. The Chat team supports pros across the whole spectrum of the pro lifecycle–from qualifying new pros for sales outreach to supporting new pros through account set up to influencing existing pros on product/feature adoption. The team assists new Thumbtack professionals through onboarding to ensure they are set up to get the right jobs from the right customers and then provides ongoing insights, advice and success management to ensure the professionals are reaching their goals and objectives continuously. Additionally, the team works closely with the product, category management, and the marketing team to design and execute targeted campaigns to new and established professionals at Thumbtack.
About the Role:
We’re hiring a Proactive Chat Success Manager whose mission will be to continue to build and manage the chat team across both the Salt Lake and Philippines offices. The primary focus of the Chat Manager will be to build a strong, collaborate, and cohesive team, mentor and support the team members, ensure professional development and growth opportunities, and expand the vision and impact for the team. You will also work with our Philippines team and vendor to build additional capacity and capabilities that maintain the same high bar for quality and impact as we do domestically. You will work closely with the leadership team and other key stakeholders to continuously improve the pro chat journey and playbook and ensure you are continually identifying ways for the team to work smart and efficiently in all interactions with other departments and interactions with pros. You will work closely with the Success Insights and Campaign Manager to mobilize, run, and report on campaigns and will be an integral part of fulfilling the broader Success Team’s core mission of powering self-made success.
What you’ll do:
- Day-to-day operational management of Chat Success Team (multi-site–PH & SLC)
- Continue to establish the operational infrastructure that will allow this team to scale
- Manage our PH vendor to maintain high quality, impact, and keep them up to date on all key product updates
- Collaborate with other internal departments at Thumbtack to identify areas of process/product/systems improvements in order for your team to work efficiently
- Create resources and share with team for continual improvement and daily reference; create opportunities for your team to collaborate and share best practices
- Maximize value of Chat channel by delivering quality conversations that drive meaningful impact in product adoption and pro retention/activation
- Aid in campaign design as it affects the chat channel
- Report and monitor chat performance metrics, identifying opportunities for improvement and sharing insights
- Lead and motivate team members to reach and exceed weekly and quarterly goals
- Foster a culture of #alwaysbeimproving through active, data-driven weekly 1:1’s to ensure each team member feels supported, coached, engaged, and understand expectations so they can thrive and grow in their role at Thumbtack
- Participate in weekly quality insights calibrations with team leaders and coaches to identify performance gaps and identify training and process improvement needs to ensure agents are trained and appropriately coached
- Participate in problem-solving with your team and provide feedback and recommendations based on front-line experience with internal Thumbtack Teams
- Plan, manage and lead weekly and quarterly team meetings and activities
- Ensure that your team is aware of product updates and that they utilize the proper product feedback channels to effectively highlight user stories, pain points, and product feedback from pros
- Manage the hiring and onboarding of new team members
- Manage team work schedules, approve PTO requests, and manage Timesheets
- Play an active and essential role in initiatives and strategic planning activities with substantial potential impact for Thumbtack
- You embrace frequent change and appreciate constant iteration of approaches, strategies, and tactics. You respond willingly to the demands of the moment even if they pull you away from your plans
- You have good business judgment and the ability to step back from the weeds and look at the big picture and align and realign until you have arranged activities in the most productive configuration possible and figured out the best way to get things done
- You strive for constant improvement for yourself, your team and partners and create the opportunity to do so
- You have excellent communication and organizational skills
- You have a proactive attitude – driven to both learn new skills and improve current processes.
- You love to understand the why of what is driving results–you are intellectually curious
- You take ownership of your work, and you love learning, and developing new skill-sets and expertise
- You are biased towards action – you’re excited to move fast, identify opportunities for improvement, and make an impact
- You are self-motivated, and you love to jump right in and don’t need someone to tell you exactly what to do
- You are a thoughtful partner – “Make Each Other Better” is one of our company’s core values and one that you take to heart. You are excited about the idea of working collaboratively with the team and other departments to foster relationships and promote success across the organization
- Bachelor degree
- Between 2 – 4 years of experience managing large teams in a customer success, account management, sales, or customer support function
- Experience using Salesforce
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment building scalable and sustainable processes
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Experience with analyzing data, deriving and communicating insights
- Ability to create basic reports in Google sheets and basic presentations in Google slides
- Strong ability to build and nurture trusted relationships
- Proven ability to manage, utilize, and prioritize your time and efforts
- Patient and active listener
- Ability to work full time M-F (40 hrs)
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here ( https://www.thumbtack.com/careers/ )
- Meet the pros who inspire us ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khIN2FCdfnM&list;=PLPz1npTzydS577c1B-vduYBWoF0cRPKMv )
- Follow us on LinkedIn ( https://www.linkedin.com/company/thumbtack-inc. )
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.