Trinity Health System
- POSITION SUMMARYProvide education on appropriate physical conditioning modalities, perform risk factor assessment, and provide daily supervision of and clinical leadership for exercise physiology services. Make appropriate referrals of clients to other Trinity clinicians as needed. Exercise Physiology provides the following services: consultations, individual fitness assessments, individual exercise prescriptions, personal training sessions, and corporate wellness. Participants include fitness related, physical conditioning, clinical exercise, cancer exercise rehabilitation, and other special populations. Risk factor reduction and education through instruction, supervised exercise and educational programs.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Licenses and Certifications Required
- Appropriate certification, or active pursuit of certification attained within 3 months of hire, from the National Strength Conditioning Association (NSCA), American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA), American Council on Exercise (ACE), or other closely related professional organization.
- Basic Life Support (CPR) required within 30 days of hire.
- Educational Requirements
- Masters degree in Exercise Physiology or Exercise Science preferred.
- Experience Requirements
- 3-5 years of experience in fitness or sports performance enhancement. Must have a thorough understanding of the physiological basis of activity and be able to prescribe and instruct exercise according to NSCA and ACSM guidelines.
- Special Skills or Training Requirements
- Must be competent in and capable of teaching Olympic lifts, plyometric exercises, and traditional strength training techniques and methods, and applying them in a periodization framework. Must also have knowledge of management principles, as well as an understanding of leadership techniques.
Location: Trinity Health System · EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY
Schedule: Part Time, Days/Evenings
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.