UFC GYM HOUSTON METRO
The UFC GYM Group Fitness (Group Fit) Instructor leads a group of participants through a series of movements and exercises using music as the basis of rhythmic exercise. The Group Fit Instructor is responsible for conducting safe, effective exercise classes and assisting participants in achieving exercise goals while creating a fun workout environment for all participants
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and develop a variety of exercise routines, choose appropriate music and choreograph different movements appropriate for each class.
- Lead the class by performing the workout along with the participants who follow your lead.
- Incorporate use of cuing, tempo and safe transitional movements from one exercise to another.
- Instruct group exercise format according to class schedule and adhering to company standard.
- Greet and encourage new participants and orient them to class.
- Educate participants on proper form, anatomy, contraindications and modification of moves when needed.
- Explain and enforce safety rules and proper usage of exercise equipment used during the class.
- Motivate participants and provide instruction in maintaining exertion levels in order to maximize benefits from the exercise routines.
- Monitor participation and make necessary adjustments when necessary.
- Arrive on time to prep, set-up and greet participants. Start and end class on time, as scheduled.
- Greet members warmly and enthusiastically and build rapport with participants. Answer questions and maintain a positive exercise experience.
- Communicate member concerns to the Group Fit Manager when necessary.
- Project a professional image through dress, behavior and attitude.
- Encourage long-term participation and member retention.
- Store all equipment neatly and appropriately. Report any equipment or safety issues to the Group Fit Manager, Operations Manager and/or General Manager.
- Accurately and promptly record hours worked on Club Ready and time and attendance system.
- Operate the stereo sound system, microphone and room lighting.
- Secure substitute instructors for assigned shifts that cannot be worked.
- Promote special events and other classes/services offered at the gym.
- Suggest special events to the Group Fit Manager to encourage more participation from members.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Knowledge of safe exercise technique and principles
- General understanding of human anatomy and kinesiology
- Knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies and the incorporation of music, tempo, cuing technique and rhythm
- Possess a high degree of energy and endurance to complete each fitness class
- Ability to communicate and connect with diverse group of individuals of all age groups and fitness levels
- Ability to effectively demonstrate skills being taught to participants
- Ability to provide clear instruction when needed
Minimum certifications/educational level:
- Current Group Fitness approved certification (preferred)
- Additional training in specialty formats may be required
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.