University of the Incarnate Word
University of the Incarnate Word is a Catholic institution that welcomes to its community persons of diverse backgrounds, in the belief that their respectful interaction advances the discovery of truth, mutual understanding, self-realization, and the common good.
The Aerobic Instructor for Sports and Wellness is responsible for teaching classes for Sports and Wellness facilities, that they currently hold one or more certifications in, including but not limited to group aerobic classes, group dance classes, group fitness classes, yoga classes, group water aerobic classes and group swim lessons.
This position is considered a “Responsible Employee” under Title IX federal regulations and “Mandatory Reporter” under Texas state law and The UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about violating Title IX. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
- Responsible for teaching classes to students, faculty, staff, community members of all abilities and for performing related administrative duties;
- Conducts classes for students, faculty, staff, community members, and Collegiate Club Athletes;
- Completes daily walkthroughs of the facility and inform administration of issues;
- Responsible for ensuring the aerobic equipment is functional and up to standards;
- Responsible for keeping up with current trends and standards in their field of instruction;
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Possess the skills and expertise necessary to instruct student, faculty, and staff in the skills of their specialty;
- Good customer relation, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Effective instruction techniques and skills;
- Thorough knowledge of their field including, strategies, techniques, and progression;
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures;
- Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
High school diploma or its equivalent
Two (2) years experience teaching in specialty/certification in an exercise environment
- Certification in instruction by a nationally recognized organization;
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Weekdays, weekends and evenings as duties required;
- Will be required to cover special events, holidays and school break schedules as required by the Director of Sports and Wellness
- Must be able to perform the skills in order to lead the class
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.