US Department of the Army
- Responsible for the delivery of a wide range of installation youth fitness, health, and outreach programs in multiple CYS Settings.
- Develops and maintains partnerships with schools and community organizations.
- Within an existing curriculum, develops and implements lesson plans and appropriate environments that incorporate a broad range of fitness and health activities for children/youth.
- Provides training and feedback to CYS staff on fitness and health initiatives.
- Maintains control of and accountability for all attending children and youth.
- Assists in training coaches using the National Youth Sports Coaches Association (NYSCA) Guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
0188 Recreation Specialist
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Appointment subject to favorable suitability determination.
- Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations IAW current Army and of policy including annual influenza vaccinations.
- A pre-employment occupational physical is required for this position.
- Incumbent must possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, as well as walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a regular basis.
- Incumbent must be able to work Monday through Friday, Days and Evenings, as well as occasional/seasonal Saturdays.
- Must be able to travel occasionally between varying facilities on the installation and within the local commuting area as needed.
- Required to obtain (and maintain) certification in CPR/First Aid.
- Required to obtain (within 6 months) a fitness certification from a nationally recognized organization (i.e. National Academy of Sports Medicine, National Strength and Conditioning Association , National Aerobics Fitness Trainers Association, etc).
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in exercise physiology, exercise science, kinesiology, physical education, or other fitness-related disciplines
Possess all of the following:
1. Experience in the application of fitness principles, concepts, and techniques gained through the delivery of a comprehensive group fitness program.
2. Experience or education demonstrating the knowledge of basic health and nutrition concepts.
3. Experience training coaches or other professionals (i.e. teachers, caregivers, fitness instructors) in the proper application of sports of fitness techniques.
Please Note: In order to meet the minimum requirements for experience, your experience must be clearly stated in your resume, or transcripts must be uploaded at time of application. Incomplete applications will be rated as ineligible.
Possess at least twelve (12) semester hours in College coursework directly related to children or youth (i.e. physical education (PE) for children, motor skills development, childhood development, early/elementary/secondary education, health/nutrition for children, child/adolescent psychology, etc.)
Possess work experience in the planning, evaluation or delivery of a fitness program or curriculum specifically for children or youth 2 years to 18 years of age.
Please Note: If claiming best qualified, your experience must be clearly reflected in your resume, or transcripts uploaded at time of application. Incomplete applications/resumes will not be given best qualified consideration. Applicants that meet the Best Qualified criteria will be referred to management for consideration first. All others will be referred if management does not make a selection from the Best Qualified list.
Additional information on the requirements and duties for this position can be viewed here.
For additional information on education requirements please view our Application Information Kit.
This Announcement has an initial cutoff date of Monday, 26 October 2020 at 11:59 PM (EST). All eligible applicants who apply by this date will be referred to management at that time. All additional eligible applicants who apply after this date will be referred at management’s request.
- This position is located at MWR Child & Youth Services – Youth Sports and Fitness on Fort Huachuca, AZ. This is a regular full-time position (40 hours) with eligibility to participate in the NAF Employee Benefits Plan.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 12:00 PM (noon) on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Any individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable to the individual, will not be hired.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government’s interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ). (If URL does not work, please copy and paste into browser).
- This position is eligible for Night Differential and Sunday Premium Pay.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference – Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference – Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration – Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration – Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, K.S.A’s where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor.
Please refer to our Application Information Kit for further information on eligibility and required documentation.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3433
- DD 1300
- VA Documentation
- PCS Orders
- Professional Certification
- Proof of Marriage Status
- Reasonable Accommodation Documentation
- Separation Notice (RIF)
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
Important: Documentation demonstrating eligibility for NAF Hiring Preference or NAF Hiring Priority Consideration are required to be included with your application. For Military Spousal Preference, complete and legible PCS orders must be uploaded at time of application to include all pages in order to substantiate eligibility. Applicants that do not substantiate their claims at the time of application will have their applications adjusted and receive consideration as an Outside Applicant Non-Veteran (OANV), or highest preference or priority consideration claimed and substantiated at time of application.
For additional information please view our Application Information Kit.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and Non-US Citizens within 35 miles of Fort Huachuca. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This announcement has an initial cutoff date of Monday, 26 October 2020 at 11:59 PM (EST). For further information please see the Additional Information section below.
Occasional travel – Occasionally travel between varying facilities on the installation and within the local commuting area as needed.
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.