Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position is an individual contributor role that acts as the main coordinator between Valmont and our representatives and customers in areas of requests for quotations, accepting and processing orders, computing accurate prices, maintaining management directed margins, negotiating price and delivery to obtain orders, handling all quote and order related issues for our customers.
- This position reports into the Supervisor of Project Administration (PA) and has no direct reports
- Abide by and follow the established training plan to understand the processes required in the job
- Process quotes and/or orders on a timely basis and monitor flow through various departments, including expediting when required
- Maintain a complete understanding of the quote and order entry systems and all the process and procedure changes that occur
- Insures recommended margin levels be met on all quotations
- Be helpful and provide alternatives in resolving customer issues
- Be a solution provider with all who receive prices or place orders
- Establish and maintain a reliable working relationship between the regional team and the Valmont manufacturing plants
- Evaluate and re-price quotes and orders when changes are made or negotiations take place
- Expeditiously resolve problems as they occur both internally and externally
- Verify orders received against quote and contract documents, enter and schedule orders and maintain open communication with representatives and customers as to the progress of orders
- Manage and communicate specifics for all assigned quotations including the initial review and summarization through follow-up activities
- Establish and maintain customer master files on all assigned accounts to provide timely information, minimize quotation and order turnaround time, and to maximize accuracy and effectiveness
- Maintain a cooperative attitude in dealing with all departments of the company as a customer contact
- Implement and practice company policies on warranty, quality, and shortage items
- Determine least cost approach that will satisfy customers on all field complaints. Work with the appropriate Field Service Specialist when required.
- Minimize company exposure on all field labor claims
- Carry out all special assignments as requested by Manager/PA Supervisor
- Participate on various company or divisional teams as directed
Other Important Details about the Role:
The Project Administrator teams consist of other Associate Project Administrators, Project Administrators, Senior Project Administrators, and PA Supervisors. The incumbent is part of a team consisting of Sales Managers, Project Administrators, Engineers, Drafters, and Project Managers. PA Supervisors may assist with the day-to-day team activities and backlogs, as needed. The team is responsible for processing specific division related quotations and orders as assigned. In addition, work may be done in support of another team based on overflow situations.
The incumbent will follow a training plan and will receive direction and training from a Project Administrator trainer. In addition, others involved in the incumbent’s training may include their direct supervisor, or other Project Administrators.
The incumbent is the focal point for all assigned quotation functions from the initial request through final disposition of the completed quotation and any subsequent revisions. The incumbent will also coordinate all administrative functions of the customer service / order management process from entry to final shipment of the product.
The incumbent must coordinate with the Product Management and the Sales Department to follow-up and negotiate on quotations and communicate the results. This person is also responsible for informing the Sales team of potential leads and activities in the various regions. Information on the quotation must be accurate and complete.
The incumbent will communicate and interact regularly with their team as well as all functional departments within the division in order to promote firm and fair customer satisfaction on all issues according to established policies and procedures. This position deals with department managers on clarification and implementation of policy and procedures. The variety of individuals and departments may include Sales, Engineering, Drafting, Industrial Engineering, Marketing, Legal, Manufacturing, Production Control, Purchasing, Shipping, Traffic, Accounting, Certifications, and remote manufacturing locations.
Through daily contact the incumbent acquires a working knowledge of product engineering, industrial engineering, sales service, traffic/shipping, manufacturing, purchasing, and accounting functions as related to the product. The incumbent must be successful and effective in communicating and maintaining a spirit of cooperativeness with people in all other departments throughout Valmont and with our representatives to insure the customer and company receive the best service possible Before a quotation can be issued, the Associate Project Administrator must acquire the necessary preparatory knowledge to insure the correct quotation is issued. This knowledge is acquired only by numerous daily encounters with published plans and specifications and knowledge of changes in the same. A thorough understanding of Valmont’s standard materials, products, and dimensions is necessary. This is a must when it comes to identifying or recognizing specifications that do not conform to Valmont standards.
The incumbent will establish and maintain a professional and reliable working relationship between the factory and the Representatives and insure each is informed and knowledgeable of current policies and procedures, and each receives timely product, pricing, and order related information. A working knowledge of the purchasers or users plans and specifications is necessary to provide proper pricing on the appropriate product and to provide service to the field representative. The activity of the incumbent reflects the first contact with the potential customer. This activity will be fast-paced and at times the incumbent will be working with inadequate information to complete said project.
Because of the large volume of work and fast paced setting, the Associate Project Administrator will be making decisions on a regular basis without supervisory assistance. Standard procedures are followed, but 50% of all quotations that are made will be unique in their own way. Knowledge of Universe functions is a must in completing daily computerized quotations.
The incumbent deals frequently with representatives and customers on an individual order basis and regarding general policies in the area of terms of sale, order costing, order processing, order expediting, customer complaints, and product liabilities. The Associate Project Administrator is responsible for all order related tasks, including: (1) comparison of total purchase order terms to Valmont terms and pricing policy; (2) contract review of product, price, and delivery; (3) maintain two-way flow of information between company departments and the various external contacts on Division-related orders; (4) calculate margins and commissions; (5) determine which manufacturing site an order is to be built at; (6) order processing; (7) provide Production Control with input for order scheduling; (8) order expediting through all internal departments; (9) credit-related functions; (10) provide pertinent information to Engineering and Drafting on individual order basis; (11) use available Drafting systems to determine production part numbers for new orders and ship shortages; (12) support Sales Department in various programs; (13) provide feedback as requested by the Sales Department on general territories and individual customer orders. The Associate Project Administrator is expected to consult with the Manager / PA Lead on a limited basis and therefore, should develop a broad knowledge of departmental and company goals, policies and procedures. The incumbent should also possess the capabilities of prudent, on-the-spot, decision making.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelors in relevant field or Associates Degree with 3+ years of experience or 5+ years of relevant quality experience
- Three years of experience in a customer service, sales, or telemarketing position
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and discretion
- Demonstrated ability to keep a positive, professional attitude in a high volume, fast-paced environment subject to specific deadlines which must be met
- Must possess advanced problem solving skills, with attention to detail and a number/math orientation
- Ability to work in, and be an integral part of, a team environment
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills in planning and organizing to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Good communication, interpersonal skills, and client focus while working with assigned accounts and a regional team
- High level of attention to detail and knowledge of the customer’s specification requirements as well as a thorough understanding of the end use of the product and the manufacturing processes used to make the product
- The ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment subject to specific deadlines which must be met, while verifying the accuracy of work and/or others’ work
- A high level of knowledge of products offered, material requirements, and methods used to meet these requirements efficiently
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Business, Marketing, Construction Management or related field
- Knowledge of Utility industry and products is preferred
- Ability to understand and analyze engineering details, project plans, and specifications
- Acceptable attendance and prior work record
- A high level of knowledge regarding Valmont’s quote, order entry and related software systems and programs
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.