POSITION TITLE: Group Fitness Instructor
REPORTS TO: Group Fitness Studio Team Lead
DIRECT REPORTS: None
FLSA: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
To provide an exceptional member experience through fun and happy fitness. Group Fitness Instructors are high energy, knowledgeable champions that motivate and UPLIFT others through movement and community within a group fitness class.
The deliverables for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consistently provide an exceptional fitness experience to all Studio members by exemplifying our UPLIFT core values.
- Ensure Vasa Uplift Member Experience (VUME) is executed in every class
- Punctual and prepared making sure the room is prepared and members are greeted at the door on time
- Safely and accurately demonstrates exercises and movements and actively monitors member’s in class performance
- Execute on post class procedures including cleaning, sanitizing and organizing to provide a safe, clean and bright environment
- Be approachable, professional and engaging and provides excellent customer service by promptly responding to member needs and concerns
- Knowledgeable and a clear communicator teaching a safe and effective class that provides options for various fitness levels and abilities
- Inspiring and energetic by creating community within class that is inclusive, fun and supportive
- Actively promotes classes to retain and invite new participants
The qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 0-1 Year of experience personal training, small group training and/or group fitness training
- NCCA-accredited Personal Training or Group Fitness Certification
- General knowledge and experience with kinesiology, exercise science, physical fitness etc.
- Current CPR/ AED Certification
- Must hold current certification for applicable format
- Specialty Format (Zumba, Les Mills, HIGH Fitness etc)
- Yoga Certification (200 or 500 Hour RYT)
- Cycle Certifications (Schwinn, Spinning, Beatboss, AFAA Indoor Cycling)
- Passionate about fitness, changing lives and helping others reach their goals
- Energizing & positive attitude
- Promotes an upbeat, enthusiastic, high-energy environment
- Experience in leading, communicating, coaching, teaching or performing in front of a group of people
- Minimum local travel may be required for support, training, or other purposes as needed
- 1-2 years Personal/Small Group Training or Group Fitness Instruction
- Experience leading group classes at a specialty studio
Taylorsville, UT 84118
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.