Wallingford Family YMCA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Certified Personal Trainer interacts with new and existing members to help them in achieving their health and well-being goals. Creates a welcoming environment for all members. Instructs individual member clients, provides excellent service to members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
There are several shifts open for the Personal Training Position including days, early evenings and weekend shifts that end with the close of the YMCA gym at 1 pm.
1. Must enjoy working with people. Positive attitude, high energy, pleasant personality a must.
2. Strives to achieve monthly personal training sales goals as established by the Health and Wellness Coordinator.
3. Strong background in exercise design, performing fitness assessments and setting individualized fitness goals.
4. General knowledge of nutrition in relation to exercise.
5. Keep informed of latest trends and safety concerns in the health and fitness industry through reading professional publications and attending continuing education training programs.
6. Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
7. Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members and program participants connect with each other and the YMCA. Stays current and promotes programs, services, and special events at the YMCA.
8. Observes and adjusts approach to support all participants’ capabilities, physical conditions, health, and culture.
9. Keeps accurate records of client’s personal training sessions.
10. Follows departmental procedure when requesting time off for vacation, illness or emergency. Arranges own coverage when planning to take time off.
11. Must have the ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
12. Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
13. Attends all department staff meetings.
1. Required certifications: CPR, AED, First Aid, OSHA and national certification (ACSM, ACE, NETA, AFAA, NASM, WITS, ISSA) in personal training or YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise certification.
2. At least one year of experience in personal training preferred.
Please submit the following with your resume:
a. Cover letter with interest in the position
b. Resume with relevant experience and certifications listed
c. Certifications that apply to the position only.
d. Provide 3 references that can easily be contacted or letters of recommendation that can be verified.
Please contact Denise Bowen, Health and Wellness Coordinator for any questions: 203-269-4497 x 125
Job Type: Part-time
- Day shift
- Certified Personal Training: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Personal Trainer or equivalent (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
Hours per week:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
Company’s Facebook page:
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.