WCI - Work, Community, Independence
WCI – Work, Community, Independence is a non-profit human services agency that is committed to empowering and supporting people with developmental disabilities to achieve rich, meaningful lives, at home, at work and in their communities.
WCI is seeking to fill a 30 hour RN position within our Nursing Department.
- B. A. and Registered Nurse (RN) 2 Years of experience required.
- Experience with Individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and/or acquired brain injury (ABI) preferred but not required.
- MAP Trainer certification preferred.
- Provide support and training to Staff on interpretation of DDS, DPH and WCI Policies and Procedures with recommendations of how to keep in compliance with all Regulations (using the MAP Manual, WCI Medical Record Book, MAP Technical Assistance Tool as a guide)
- Act as MAP Consultant, using Cell Phone M-F and on a rotating weekly basis in order to respond to emergencies related to Medication Administration, Storage and Documentation. Make recommendations for follow up and notify the 300 On Call Administrator.
- May be required to assist Direct Support Staff with occasional personal care needs if on site during administration of medication. When working at an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) home, direct support will be required.
- Provide medical case management including Audit Reviews of Confidential Medical and Medication Records, training of support staff to interpret and follow up on the identification of need for medical appointments, coordination of services, implementation of recommendations and treatment.
- Maintain communication and coordination with VNA for skilled nursing services, physical and occupational therapy for each Individual.
- Coordinate Admission and Discharge from Hospitals and Nursing Homes with the Division Head, Director and/or Support Coordinator. Maintain documentation in the Individual’s Confidential Medical Record.
- Develop Individual Specific Protocols and train staff on how to provide care and health supports to a person with a complicated Medical Condition.
- Attend Case Conferences, Team and Risk Meetings and ISP Meetings for Individuals on your caseload and as requested Any other job duties requested by your Supervisor.
- Valid Registered Nursing License in the state of Massachusetts
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a medical setting as a Registered Nurse
- Ability to travel to residential homes to provide medical clinical assessments.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Ability to complete state mandated certification program to teach coursework developed by the Department of Public Health (DPH) Medication Administration Program.
- Ability to provide hands-on personal care.
Job Type: Full Time – 30 Hours per week
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $32.57 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- MAP Trainer (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- RN License (Preferred)
- One location
- Non Profit
- Current State Nursing License
Completed license needed:
- Upon starting work
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.