EHR Training Specialist II
Location: Administration Office
Reports to: Director of Business Services
Status: Full-Time, Regular
WellSpace Health believes that everyone deserves to be seen, no matter who you are, where you come from, where you work or what place you call home. We see you and are here for you. To that end, we’ve committed ourselves to finding solutions for our community’s health and wellbeing to achieve regional health through high quality comprehensive care.
Our focus has always been to offer a full range of quality medical care, dental care, mental health and behavioral health services, and enabling services to underserved people. We do this by placing ourselves within the communities we serve and employing outstanding healthcare professionals who are devoted to our mission.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and are accredited by the Joint Commission for Ambulatory Care and Behavioral Health. We’re also certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Care Medical Home and a Behavioral Health Home.
The Training Specialist II performs tasks associated with end-user training and rollout of enterprise level applications. The largest of these is the Electronic Health Record/Practice Management System (NextGen). This position works methodically to prioritize training topics and developing user-appropriate trainings to coincide with new technology implementation and version upgrades. As in-house application subject matter expert, the Training Specialist II assists in the role of primary trainer on EHR and EPM, while also supporting other applications or software systems in place. The position requires superior communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to respond succinctly and efficiently to user support requests. This position may be asked to perform duties as assigned related to all aspects of the organization’s information technology functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in an academic or scientific field related to Information/ Systems Management or Technology, or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Solid experience working with diverse communities in a non-profit or healthcare setting.
- Experience preferred in Electronic Health Records systems and training of providers and clinical staff support in these systems and other/or clinical support functions.
- Experience working with Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC’s) and their specific patient populations is preferred.
- This position will require training, project management, troubleshooting and customer service experience.
- Demonstrated experience with training, implementation and rollout of healthcare software applications, preferably NextGen.
- Knowledge of primary care clinic workflow and/or other healthcare experience is a plus.
- Ability to interact with clients and project team members (both internal and external) to understand requirements, develop methodology, deploy best practices, and execute deliverables.
- Proven interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate clearly in order to facilitate the understanding of issues involving technical matters to persons not well-versed in technology and information systems. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws; Maintain confidentiality regarding privileged proprietary, administrative, technical and clinical information according to HIPAA and quality of care standards; ensure system security to meet data confidentiality requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and complete work without direct supervision. Requires ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Sensitivity to needs of culturally and linguistically diverse patient and employee population.
- General computing knowledge, develop training materials, develop workflow charts, and MS Office suite.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred; or other languages desirable.
- Must have valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Trains new hires and existing staff (providers and ancillary clinical staff) in the use of the Electronic Medical Record (EMR), and in the use of the Electronic Practice Management (PM) (front desk, eligibility and other administrative staff) .
- Trains new hires and existing staff on interfaces/applications (QUEST/CAIR/Rosetta).
- Training end users on optimal workflows related to the EMR/EPM system.
- Delivers trainings in both formal (e.g. classroom), or informal (e.g. in clinic) settings.
- Provides Help Desk technical support to end-users based on assigned tickets and telephone calls.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on application systems currently in use through research into related technical documentation.
- Works to disseminate information vital to user functionality in a manner that is easy to absorb, in layperson terms.
- Promotes the importance of proper use of applications with an emphasis on optimum workflow.
- Develops FAQs on relevant applications based on user feedback. Encourages a positive user experience and attitude in the navigation, workflow and use of EHR/EPM and other applications.
- Displays creativity in delivering trainings to effectively impact the adoption, use, and engagement of provider and line staff users. Uses a dynamic approach that adapts to each user group, delivering training that is technically appropriate for the group or individual.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive understanding of EPM/EHR features, issues, forthcoming enhancements, and services. Serves as the “go-to” person on matters related to application systems, focusing primarily on the EPM and secondarily on EHR.
- Works with department leads to ensure uniformity in distribution of technical training among staff in similar roles or positions.
- Attends meetings and trainings as assigned by Business Services Director. May be called to present on implementation and training of EHR/EPM to various workgroups, both internal and external.
- Ability to meet or exceed Service Excellence Standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidate will receive regionally competitive salary, above average health benefits at reduced costs, company paid life insurance & long-term disability insurance, additional voluntary retirement plan with company match and no vesting schedule requirement.
- Paid bereavement and jury duty leave
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid time off
- Paid sick leave
- Flexible Spending Program
- Company paid malpractice insurance for all providers
- Professional development hours offered annually
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The work environment is characteristic of a medical clinic environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel. The employee is also required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must also possess hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the phone. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using substances and/or not attentive to personal health and safety for themselves or their homes. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and the lack of personal care. The employee may also be exposed to bodily fluids (blood, urine) and hazardous chemicals.
WellSpace Health is committed to the principals of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is the intent of WellSpace Health to maintain a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. WellSpace Health is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WellSpace Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.