West Liberty Foods, L.L.C.
OUR TEAM IS OUR BEST ASSET
About West Liberty Foods
West Liberty Foods was formed in 1996 under the guiding principles of the Iowa Turkey Growers Cooperative. Carrying on Iowa’s rich farming tradition, our grower/owners are committed to animal health and welfare while delivering superior-quality turkeys — a philosophy that has helped family farms grow and thrive for generations. The continued success of West Liberty Foods is due to the dedication, enthusiasm and support of our grower/owners.
Our mission is to be a leading food manufacturer by converting needs, ideas and expertise into value for our members, business partners and consumers.
West Liberty Foods manufactures hundreds of meat and poultry products that can be found in well-known grocery stores and top restaurant chains nationwide. Recognized as one of the top protein processors in North America, we have the capacity to produce over 650 million pounds of food products per year across our facilities. We are The Surprisingly Big Company®, and we’re right in your backyard.
Build your career with West Liberty Foods and be a part of an exciting, collaborative team environment!
We are currently hiring for:
Job Title Occupational Health Specialist
Job Summary: The Occupational Health Specialist is responsible for treating both occupational and personal injuries and illness within the authorized protocols and to ensure definitive care is accessed if needed. The Occupational Health Specialist will work in cooperation with occupational health providers and workers compensation administrators to provide the best possible outcome for the injured or ill person. Provide support and assistance to the safety department as directed by the Safety Supervisor and/or Safety Manager. To perform specific safety related duties and to help each team member work safe and avoid injury.
Successful candidates will work in our food processing production facility and enjoy competitive wages along with many benefits including paid holidays, paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, 401K, educational assistance and much more.
- Provide treatment of injuries of West Liberty Foods’ team members.
- Provide follow up care and monitor injured team members.
- Complete medical records, tracking data, and direct accident investigation actions.
- Publish a monthly restriction list to Safety manger, Safety Director, and Workers Compensation Manager.
- Review and document updated physician ordered restrictions for all occupational injuries on shift.
- Manage return to work assignments and time schedules for shift.
- Provide support to HR department to conduct drug testing for post offer, accident, and random screening process.
- Work in cooperative effort to ensure prescribed work restrictions are followed. Forward all pertinent related paperwork to the Safety Manager and Worker Compensation Manager for review.
- Direct and schedule hearing testing.
- Assist in JSA development and updating.
- Conduct ergonomic assessments.
- Partner with the PSM Coordinator to coordinate the respiratory program and hazmat team needs.
- Actively participate on the HazMat team and confined space.
- Maintain safety records as assigned and order inventory and distribute medical supplies.
- Conduct training of medical, emergency response (Medical Team) personnel and other topics as assigned by the Safety Manager.
- Perform safety duties as assigned by the Safety Supervisor and Safety Manger.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Emergency Medical Technician – Basic license is required. Paramedic, RN or LPN is a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a related field.
- Basic computer skills including Gmail/Google Suite products.
- Certified CPR Trainer is preferred.
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends if needed.
- Must be dependable and be able to work well with others.
- Requires good customer service skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment of continuous change and challenges.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing demands.
- Must be a problem solver.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision.
- Candidates must successfully pass post-offer/pre-employment drug test, background screen and physical.
West Liberty Foods/Liberty Cold is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To be considered an applicant for this position, you must apply online on our careersite at https://careers.wlfoods.com/.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.