WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Lebanon TN – Folding Carton Division
We ROCK! At WestRock Folding Carton in Lebanon TN, we believe that our talented employees are the leading factor behind our continued successes! Add innovation and investments in state-of-the-art packaging technology, progressive Kanban production systems, and strong Safety & SQF Quality programs and you have an unstoppable team who continually exceeds customer expectations. Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Are you a quick leaner with a strong work ethic? Are you seeking a company that will invest in you and your future? If so, you may be our next team member!
Recruiting an experienced Forming Department Manager to manage production forming operations within the WestRock Lebanon, TN facility producing folded, glued cartons for the food service industry in an SQF certified facility. Responsible for supporting the objectives of the facility in order to achieve business goals as well as administer operations systems and processes to ensure the department effectively produces product to service the needs of the facility and customer demand. Additional responsibilities:
· Provide leadership to Production Leads and hourly personnel within the department (including performance management, pay administration, promoting career development, and coordinating production and technical needs/duties of the department), reporting to the Plant Manager.
· Aligns with and understands the needs of the Business and communicates goals
· Manages production leads and associates in department; coordinates activities with night shift supervisors.
· Creates, implements, and monitors work processes to achieve business objectives in terms of Safety, Productivity and Quality.
· Manages the departmental procedures, documents, systems (e.g., standard work files)
· Conducts performance evaluations and mentorship to the department; supports employee and career development of personnel.
· Participates in the Plant Leadership Team; participates in or leads some initiatives on its behalf.
· Relentlessly driving continuous improvements in safety, compliance, maintenance, housekeeping, and employee development.
What you need to succeed:
· Bachelor’s strongly preferred – Business or Engineering
· 3 to 5 years management experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting
· Proven track-record in using manufacturing management software and system (e.g., Microsoft Office) and experience in leading continuous improvement initiatives (e.g., Lean, 6 Sigma, TQM, TPM, and other improvement philosophies)
· Proven track-record in developing strategies to attain performance objectives along with organizational development wins & communicating effectively in writing to develop and document processes and procedures, verbally in group and one-on-one situations to lead and coach subordinates, explain company policies and resolve conflicts.
· Managing in a Food Safety, AIB or SQF certified facility preferred.
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, Wellness Program Discounts, Vacation, Holiday
- 401k with up to 7.5% match
- Quarterly Profit Sharing
- Weekly Payroll
- Athletic Trainer Onsite
- Annual Performance Reviews/Merit Adjustments
- $500 Annual Perfect Attendance Award & Extra Unpaid Personal Day for Attendance Goals
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus
- Safety Program Awards
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.