Wheaton Van Lines
Why Work at This Company?: Awesome culture, wonderful benefits and great wellness program – Walking trail, onsite yoga/pilates during lunch, daily fruit, stand desks! Wheaton’s mission is to be the premier provider of quality worldwide transportation services. We are committed to total customer satisfaction, growth, financial stability, and to treating everyone who comes in contact with Wheaton Van Lines honestly, fairly, and professionally.
COMPETITIVE BENEFIT OPTIONS: Casual Dress Code, Complimentary fruit EVERYDAY, Weekly onsite Yoga and Pilates classes with onsite instructor, Walking Trail, ESOP, 401(k)- up to 5% Match, Bonus, Merit Increases, Floating Holiday, Paid Time Off to work in the Community, Generous PTO (Paid time off), Medical, Dental, Vision, tuition reimbursement, etc.
Wheaton|Bekins corporate office is a long-standing company in the industry, looking for an individual who would like advancement opportunities and looking to join our team in the moving industry. We want someone who wants to join our team in tackling challenges as we continually evolve in the moving industry. Premier customer service and quality is our priority and so are our employees. If you like working in a comfortable, newly renovated, environment, with diverse people who are looking to help others and make life easier for all – then this is the place for you!
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Operates a commercial motor vehicle tractor trailer and or straight truck vehicle on behalf of the company to complete household goods shipments for local moves. Is the lead person in charge for help/labor connected to a particular move that s/he is assigned. Incumbent provides a quality moving service interacting with all levels of Crown Moving and Storage customers, vendors and other staff in a professional manner.
- Assumes lead role/responsibility for helper/laborers assigned to move in the loading and unloading of household goods shipments for local moves.
- Responsible for completion of all paperwork on assigned each job including but not limited to Bills of Lading, Daily records of duty status (logbooks) and military and government paperwork.
- Prepares inventory of items to be prepared for shipping and inspects each item closely identifying any existing damages and listing these on the inventory.
- Properly stack, pad, and secure household goods in company vehicles
- Remove debris from customer’s premises after loading, unloading or unpacking
- Load necessary materials and equipment on vehicle for each job
- Deliver and unpack household goods at customer’s residence
- Follow preventive maintenance schedules on equipment
- Load and deliver storage pickups and deliveries
- Perform O&I; moves (office moves) when needed
- Perform packing jobs as necessary
- Check oil and fuel levels on all equipment before driving
- Palletize storage shipments in the warehouse
- Assist with cleaning the warehouse, dock and local equipment
- Maintain up-to-date logs for intrastate and interstate moves
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or equivalent
Must have 1 year experience driving tractor trailer plus one year of household goods experience for class A and 6 months experience driving a straight truck and 6 months of household goods experience for Class B. Must have an excellent safety record. No more than 3 moving violations in past 12 months. No more than 5 moving violations in past 24 months. Requires professionalism and confidentiality and the ability to read and interpret operating and procedure manuals.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The employee must meet the following physical requirements of this position:
- Lift and lower boxes weighing up to 125 lbs.
- Repetitively lift and lower boxes weighing an average of 45 lbs.
- Lift and carry boxes weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Push and pull 300 lbs. loaded onto a 2-wheel dolly for a distance of up to 100 ft.
- Push and pull 135 lbs. loaded onto a 2-wheel dolly up and down ramps and steps
- Step into and out of trailers
- Climb ladders
WORKING CONDITIONS: The employee will be required to work efficiently, safely and at a quick pace. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach with their hands and arms, and use their hands to finger, handle or feel for objects, tools, or controls.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time for any reason.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.