Wisconsin Athletic Club
Personal Trainer – Job Description and Performance Expectations
The goal of our Personal Training department is to encourage, coach and educate our members on the many benefits of regular exercise. As a Personal Trainer, you are responsible for motivating and inspiring clients by setting goals, providing feedback and accountability and creating enjoyable and effective fitness experiences. This is not a behind the scenes position – you are on the front-line letting your personality shine, connecting with members, offering complimentary advice, teaching classes and helping clean and maintain fitness equipment. You have an incredible opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives.
I. Daily Operations
- Display a member first attitude by not only being raving fans of WAC, but also for creating raving fans; we are all responsible for attracting and retaining members.
- Be visible and interact regularly with clients and members using smile, name and eye contact.
- Acknowledge all members, especially the ones in the fitness center.
- Offer assistance, correction and advice when appropriate to members who are working out.
- Conduct daily walk through of the fitness center to ensure safe conditions.
- Attend Fitness meetings and Programming WAC University sessions.
- Conduct personal training sessions according to WAC standards; confirm all appointments.
- Help clean and maintain all fitness equipment.
- Keep members informed of fitness center etiquette; strive to say yes whenever possible.
- Follow all responsibilities assigned by the Programming Manager and General Manager.
- Be available for regular communication with Team Members and Programming Manager.
- Follow all Fitness department policies and procedures.
- Catch Team Members doing things right and hand out WAC Bucks.
- Participate in 90-day review and ongoing Team Member evaluations.
- Communicate to Programming Manager innovative ideas and suggestions to improve the department.
- Work scheduled sessions or find a replacement; inform Programming Manager of any changes.
- Pursue ongoing personal and professional development and share what you learn with others.
- Follow all Team Member policies and procedures.
- Be a team player – strive to help out wherever and whenever possible.
- Own and immediately resolve pool problems to ensure member and guest safety.
- Maintain good standing for CPR certification.
- Know the Safety Plan and Emergency Action Plan.
- Follow all insurance, liability and incident report procedures.
- Regularly clean, sanitize and organize all equipment regularly.
- Report facility issues and broken equipment immediately to GM and Maintenance department.
- Ethically communicate prices and sessions status with clients.
- Accurately schedule sessions in the member relations management system to ensure correct payroll.
- Complete individual Fitness payroll by due dates and times.
V. Income Generation
- Encourage participation by providing promotions to clients, such as the Buy 100, Get 20 event.
- Do part to help exceed Fitness goals – both individually and department-wide.
- Up-serve or recommend additional services of interest to our members at point-of-sale.
- Act as a liaison between all departments to promote the benefits of Personal Training.
- Be aware of all programs, activities and events that are happening in the club.
- Sign up for upcoming programs, activities and events to increase WAC product knowledge.
- Utilize the Program Process when creating and evaluating Fitness programs and events.
- Assist in Fitness events, such as Super Saturday.
- Offer to write WAC Magazine articles for Fitness section.
- Participate in community organizations and positive social media to actively promote club.
VII. New Member Integration & Retention
- Work with member services to ensure a smooth transition from sign-up to Fit Sessions.
- Welcome all new participants to the fitness center and connect them to other programs and events.
- Utilize the 5-foot rule – if you are within 5 feet of a member, engage them with the WAC greeting.
- Create memorable experiences. Have fun while engaging members on the fitness floor.
- Follow up regularly with Fit Session participants and clients to ensure retention.
- Be personally committed to fitness by actively going through the retention program sessions.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.