WoodSpring Suites Oklahoma City Airport
Maintains hotel rooms and public areas in a guest ready state. Works closely with the General Manager and other hotel staff to clean each room to brand standards, including inspecting every room to ensure it is guest ready.
Head Room Attendants perform a wide variety of cleaning tasks in the hotel, cleaning both guest rooms, public spaces, and at times performing the duties of overnight/on-call, and/or Guest Service Representative. Work shifts vary by day and week and depending upon business needs.
Besides performing the duties of a Room Attendant, the Head Room Attendant acts as a trainer and leader for other Room Attendants. The Head Room Attendant helps stock carts; ensures personal protective equipment is used, and that cleaning supplies are properly used.
- Coordinates activities, cleaning priorities, and guest service needs with the front desk and management
- Receives a list of rooms at the start of shift to identify rooms and public areas to be cleaned during Room Attendants’ shifts.
- Maintains an orderly cart utilizing the detailed Cart Program. The cart contains clean linens, towels, toiletry items, cleaning and disinfecting supplies, broom, dust pan and mop. Carts should be stocked and ready to go at the beginning of each shift.
- Inspects rooms and public areas to accepted health and safety standards for pest control.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, utilizing the detailed checklists so that health standards are met, and the property is clean to WoodSpring standards.
- Cleans doors, door frames, vents, windows, cabinets, walls, outlets, packaged terminal air conditioner (PTAC) and windows.
- Cleans and inspects fire prevention devices (smoke alarms and sprinklers).
- Replaces soiled linen and towels, disinfects bathroom surfaces, dusts or wipes down all surfaces, sweeps and mops all floors.
- Replenishes room supplies, toilet paper, soap, trash liners, etc.
- Empties wastebaskets and transports other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Observes precautions required to protect hotel and guests, immediately reports any damage to a room, as well as any contents that should not be in a room (drugs, weapons, animals, etc.), to the General Manager.
- Notifies General Manager of any maintenance issues.
- Notifies General Manager of leftover guest belongings and bags and tags the items.
- Keep storage areas clean, and organized.
- Provides inventory management to ensure property is equipped with necessary parts and supplies.
- Washes and folds laundry as necessary.
- Inspects work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
- Position may require that employee cover on call, office closed desk hours and respond to guest emergencies, check ins or other service requests. Company/Property cell phone will be provided.
- Responds to hotel emergencies and masters all emergency policies and procedures.
Essential Functions are not all-inclusive; other duties may be assigned.
Communication—Listens well and follows instructions.
Dependability and reliability– Displays responsible behaviors at work: attendance and punctuality, attention to details, following directions, and fulfilling obligations.
Integrity – Displays strong moral principles and work ethic. Behaving ethically, acting fairly, and taking responsibility.
Professionalism – Maintaining a professional presence. Demonstrating self-control, maintaining a professional demeanor and a positive attitude.
- Quality Inspection process
- Room Ready Inspection Experience
- Blood borne pathogen Certification preferred
- Hotel/Apartment/Cleaning Experience
- OSHA Certified preferred
- Effective time management skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Continuous standing, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, moving about, and lifting furniture/furnishings
- Frequently bends, kneels and crouches
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, pushing, wiping
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals (cleaning materials), odors, dirt and dust
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.