Work Activity Center
Do you have a PASSION for HELPING PEOPLE? Do you want to be part of an amazing team of direct caregivers? Come join us at The Work Activity Center and make a real difference in the lives of people with disabilities.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement matching
- Tuition Reimbursement – Residential care staff who are regularly scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week are eligible for up to $500 of tuition reimbursement per semester
- Paid training
Residential Trainers/Caregivers promote healthy lifestyles and support residents’ daily activities in their homes by:
- Assisting with meal planning and preparation
- Teaching housekeeping skills
- Teaching personal resource management skills
- Assisting with shopping
- Encouraging community participation
- Engaging residents in physical and social activities
- Providing direct care and assisting with personal hygiene
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a valid Utah driver’s license and a good driving record.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Stable work history and record of excellent attendance and dependability.
- Must be in good physical condition and able to stand for long periods, kneel, bend at the waist, and lift and carry at least 50 pounds
- Able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED! Work Activity Center provides ongoing training to help you excel in your position.
About Work Activity Center
Employees of The Work Activity Center have the rewarding opportunity to do work that is both enjoyable and challenging. When our shifts end and we go home, we know we have made a difference in the lives of those we serve. Although prior experience working with people with disabilities is a plus, we have a number of entry level positions where it is not required. Prior experience in a related field is required for supervisory and managerial positions. All of our employees receive many hours of training that enable them to interact with our clients in a professional manner and to effectively fulfill our mission of enriching the lives of people with disabilities by providing opportunities for independence and individual growth. We want our new team members to be firmly committed to our mission. For us, Work Activity Center is not just a job. We are fortunate to be able to make a contribution to the individual lives of our program participants. Our employees fill full time and part time positions in a variety of work schedules. If you have limited availability for work, there may be a schedule that would be a good fit for you. In addition to compatible work schedules, the Center offers a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees. If you are seeking an opportunity that provides rewarding experiences every shift you work, we invite you to submit an resume or employment application. Those who are selected for interview are contacted by our Human Resources Department.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.