Austin, TX 78729
How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
As aFitness Director, you will play a critical role in ensuring the fitness staff (Health & Wellness Department)is successful in delivering a high-quality fitness experience to all members by coaching and providing on-going training. You will manage, develop, and implement strategies to successfully meet department targets with regards to revenue generation as well as promote the health and wellness benefits. The Fitness Director reports to the Associate Executive Director. This is a full-time role based out of the Northwest YMCA.
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Education & Experience:A Bachelor’s degree in kinesiology, recreation management, physical education, sports management, or a related field preferred. You have a year of management and/or leadership experience in the fitness industry and a personal training certification from an approved accredited institution.
- Communicator:You listen for understanding and meaning; speak and write effectively and can effectively tailor your communication to the appropriate audience.
- Organized and Productive:You establish clear goals and effectively implement tasks and plans to accomplish them in a timely manner
- Innovative: You embrace new approaches and creative thinking to assess and implement effective processes related to employee, operational, and organizational performance.
- Growth Mindset:You quickly learn from failure and value feedback in the effort to continuously improve the organization’s functional capacity.
- Flexible:You can work in an ambiguous environment and demonstrate an openness to change in service of our purpose.
- Sense of humor:You know how to work hard to accomplish team goals in a fun and relaxed environment
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
What are the details?
- Ensure all fitness staff is certified in the area of instruction and manage certification records.
- Create, implement, and oversee all health and wellness programs with goals and objectives including but not limited to member retention, program, membership growth, and revenue.
- Enhance member relations and retention by developing and implementing innovative programs
- Oversee analysis of member feedback, program feedback, and instructor feedback tools
- Oversee coordination of registration and participation in programs
- Oversee timely communication with staff and participants.
- Stay updated on current training ideas and philosophies.
- Audit programs regularly and provide feedback to ensure that customer service standards are met.
- Oversee the execution and delivery of administrative duties.
- Hire, train, and manage a team of personal trainers, coaches, and instructors.
- Conduct personal training and group sessions with members.
- Complete all duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.