YMCA of Greater Dayton
- Shifts available: afternoons, evenings and weekend
Responsible for providing excellent instruction, motivation, and support to YMCA members and program participants in the fitness center and wellness areas.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Provides proactive support to members and program participants in the Fitness Center.
- Remains visible to participants when on duty.
- Increases member and program participant awareness of healthy lifestyle factors.
- Communicates and enforces any wellness center rules at participants’ comprehension level.
- Knows and administers the appropriate EAP (emergency action plan) for any situation, including first aid or CPR, work-related employee injuries, etc.
- Completes incident and accident reports as required.
- Takes an active role in the Annual Campaign.
- Follows membership retention practices of the branch.
- Is courteous and gives sincere attention to members by answering questions and providing positive and regular feedback to program participants.
- Knows the names of members and uses their names when speaking with them.
- Upholds guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook of the Association.
- Maintains appropriate certifications and records.
- Attends designated trainings and staff meetings.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Management Staff.
Education and Certifications
- High school diploma or GED required. 18 years of age or older.
- A 2-year college degree in Physical Education/Exercise Science/related field or applicable experience is preferred.
- Certifications which are helpful include Personal Training and Group Exercise Instructor.
- Minimum of six months class participation experience or fitness class assistant and a high level of interest in the fitness field.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time, to talk and hear, to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, to climb or balance, to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, occasional bending or squatting. The incumbent is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Also required is frequent hearing and talking, in person and on the telephone. More than 90% of time is spent indoors. The condition of the air is normal/average air conditioned/ventilated. The noise level is normal to loud within an active YMCA program environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.