YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh (Allegheny Y)
*FREE YMCA MEMBERSHIP FOR EMPLOYEES*
- All Shifts Needed
600 West North Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Under the supervision of the Health Living Director and Association Director of Personal Training, the Lead Personal Trainer manages the development and drives the growth of small group and training programs and the development of Healthy Living Staff. They will promote the following: Personal Training, Sport Performance, and Small Group Training in accordance with the policies and purposes of the Branch, of the YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh Association and the YMCA mission.
Essential Functions and Performance Standards
- Spearheads Personal Training department toward a common YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh Personal Training revenue goal.
- Manages development and implementation of the Personal Training, Sport Performance, and Small Group Training/Programs.
- Develops Monthly and Quarterly individual Trainer Goals to drive department growth.
- Develops Marketing and Promotion of Personal Training, Sports Performance, and Small Group Training/programs within YMCA brand guidelines.
- Coordinates and develops the promotion of quarterly equipment demos and/or trainer workshop/seminars.
- Assist in development of Personal Training Budget and achieve the annual Healthy Living Budget / Objectives.
- Assist in Recruiting, Employing, Developing, and Reviewing Healthy Living staff, within budget limitations.
- Manages and tracks 1,2,3 free program (wellness consult and free PT) for completion and retention rates
- Works cooperatively with membership department on training promotions and wellness consolations processes.
- Ensure Personal Trainers are calling and following-up with all clients, missed Consults and Personal Training Leads.
- Instructs Personal Trainers on proper techniques and concepts of all components of fitness and corrects unsafe conditions and practices as it relates to exercise participation.
- Educates Trainers on proper use of cardiovascular equipment and teaches knowledge of the recommended intensity, duration, frequency, and type of physical activity necessary for development of cardio-respiratory fitness.
- Educates and demonstrates proper strength training principles and techniques and instructs other trainers in the proper use of the Cybex, Precor, and Free Weight Equipment.
- Shows how to prescribe an appropriate exercise prescription based on individual’s needs, abilities, and “Stage of Change” for exercise and makes appropriate recommendations for risk reductions and lifestyle improvements.
- Maintain an accurate system of records and reports for consults, Leads, and PT packages.
- Attend trainings as it relates to field of expertise.
- Serve as a member of the Personal Training Committee providing input for the administration, promotion and operation of the YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh.
- Demonstrate the “Character Counts” values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility in all your dealings with members, guests, volunteers and fellow staff.
- Understand and Participate in training and abides by the guidelines for the YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to educate and motivate staff, members, volunteers and community about YMCA Mission
- Hours vary depending on need, including weekend and evening.
- Must model a healthy lifestyle.
- Must maintain current CPR, First Aid, and AED certification from the American Heart Association, the Red Cross or the American Safety and Health Institute.
- Must have or obtain YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles within 6 months.
- Must complete the on-line YMCA New Employee Orientation available on the YMCA Exchange.
- National Y recognized personal training certification (Academy of Applied Personal Training Education, Aerobic and Fitness Association of America, American College of Sports Medicine, American Council on Exercise, Cooper Institute Academy , International Fitness Professional Association, National Academy of Sports Medicine, National Council for Certified Personal Trainers, National Council on Strength and Fitness, National Exercise Trainers Association, National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association, National Federation of Professional Trainers, National Strength and Conditioning Association, Training and Wellness Certification Commission, National Strength Professional Association)
- An undergraduate degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology, or Exercise Science. (Must obtain a certification from the above list or Foundations of Strength and Conditioning within three years of hire date).
- YMCA of USA Foundations of Strength and Conditioning
- One to two years personal training experience.
Physical Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand; walk on uneven surfaces; sit; handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level is usually minimal to moderate.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour
- Personal Training: 1 year (Preferred)
- National Recognized Personal Training Certification (Preferred)
- CPR, AED and First Aid (Preferred)
- One location
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.