YMCA of Greater Seattle
Our Commitment to Equity
The Y actively promotes a culture free from bias and injustice. We are dedicated to removing institutional and systemic barriers that result in oppression and racism. We will be accountable to marginalized communities for creating equitable and sustainable environments where social justice is woven into every facet of our programs, and by caring for our communities in a culturally versatile and respectful manner.
- Plans and instructs classes or programs in a specialty area. Observes and discusses individual progress with participants.
- Develops positive relationships with participants and facilitates relationship building among participants and members. Provides motivational support and guidance.
- Increases participant awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors.
- Encourages member and parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Attends staff meetings and approved trainings as required.
- Sets up and takes down class equipment. Reports equipment problems.
- Ensures safe and effective classes. Responds to, and reports, accidents and incidents.
- Conveys basic knowledge of all Y Total Health/Activate America programs.
- Tracks, monitors, evaluates and transitions assigned Total Health participants providing motivational support and counseling. Accurately maintains related records.
- Leads ongoing YMCA Total Health classes or programs in a specialized area.
- Current state approved first aid certification.*
- Current state approved CPR certification.
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Two or more years experience teaching or practicing in specialized area.
- Total Service/Total Health Training**
- Ability to lead a class or provide individual service.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Ability to motivate and educate members.
- Ability to set up, move and store equipment.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
- Personal Trainer : Nationally recognized certification such as YMCA Fitness Specialist Trainer, YMCA Fitness Testing and Assessment Specialist Trainer, ACSM, ACE, NSCA.
- Within thirty days of employment.
At the Seattle Y, we are an inclusive organization of people with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living, and foster social responsibility. We also believe in supporting the wellbeing of our employees and offer a free Y membership as a benefit of employment.
Become a leader on our team at the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a continuous learning environment and career opportunities.
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.
Trainer, Demonstrator, Coach, Physical education instructor
- Passion for Excellence
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.