YMCA of Hannibal
Title: Group Fitness Instructor
Reports to: YMCA Wellness Director
Group Fitness Instructors lead and organize group exercise programs to help members improve their health and fitness. Group Fitness Instructors maintain a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants.
- Conduct Group Classes – The classes need to challenge the participants and be enjoyable. Instructors need to be motivating.
- Communicate Clearly – Group Fitness Instructors need strong communication skills to discuss, motivate and teach participants how to improve their health and fitness.
- Educate classes – Gaining new qualifications, attending workshops, and staying up to date with the latest research ensures the class participants that the instructor continues to strengthen his/her knowledge of fitness. Passing on the information to participants will increase the attraction to class.
- Maintain Fitness – Group Fitness Instructors need to practice what they preach and live a healthy and fit lifestyle. It is important for instructors to be physically strong enough to demonstrate and correctly perform any exercise asked of them.
- Punctuality –Instructors must give a notice of 24 hours (minimum) to the Wellness Director after failed attempt to find a sub. The Wellness Director will determine class cancellations and whether or not unexpected events are excusable or inexcusable.
· Find your own sub when needed and communicate to the Wellness Director.
· Attend all scheduled meetings
· Work assigned health and wellness events
· Be punctual for all scheduled classes and meetings
· Maintain open communication with your Wellness Director and co-workers
· Maintain your personal training certification with continuing education credits.
· Smile, have fun, and enjoy your job!
- Group Fitness Instructors are prohibited to teach YMCA of Hannibal members independently and to charge and collect fees directly. All teaching of YMCA Hannibal members must go through our facility and operations. Failure to do so can lead to suspension/termination.
- All employees are required to work at least 8 hours per month to maintain complimentary membership status.
- All other guidelines must be followed in accordance with the Employee Handbook.
Skills, Education and Experience:
· 18 years of age or older
· Maintain an up-to-date CPR and First Aid Certification
· Nationally recognized Group Fitness Certification
· Friendly and outgoing personality
· Exceptional member/ guest service
· Passion for health and wellness
· Attention to detail and program creativity
· Speaking, hearing, seeing, reading, writing, typing, lifting, walking, standing.
· Instructors will occasionally work with various types of fitness equipment and various types of members.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $10.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Retirement plan
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.