YMCA of Lincoln
Provides one on one consultations with members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and connection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts one on one consultations with members by listening and evaluating the member’s wellness and fitness goals.
- Designs, prescribes and implements effective personal training exercise programming to meet the member’s wellness and fitness goals.
- Monitors progress and provides modifications to programs as needed.
- Completes required documentation and maintains an updated file on each member.
- Documents and notifies Director of incidents/accidents and member questions/concerns.
- Maintains certifications listed under Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations.
- Attends required YMCA trainings as scheduled.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable schedule and attendance. Seeks approval from Director for absences or changes in availability/schedules.
- Adheres to the personal trainer and wellness coach member communication process.
- Performs other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members, including but not limited to housekeeping, sanitation, etc. throughout all YMCA buildings and program areas.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the YMCA and its purpose, mission and values. Demonstrates this understanding through behavior and actions that support the purpose, mission and values.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Degree in a related field with practical experience or a minimum of one year verifiable employment in personal training or exercise/workout program prescription.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CPR, AED and First Aid Certification
Nationally Recognized Personal Training Certification
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.