YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
Provides leadership and planning of sports programs for different age groups. Supervises a group youth and/or adults. Promotes a positive environment for children, parents and staff.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Plans and implements sports programs in accordance with the goals and policies of the YMCA. Coordinates activities which are culturally relevant and developmentally appropriate.
- Supervises a group of youth and/or adults to ensure their health and safety, and to provide for a positive experience for each person.
- Communicates with and maintains positive relationships with parents.
- Provides day-to-day guidance to staff and volunteers.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergency procedures.
- Provides assistance to supervisor and may fill-in during temporary absences.
- Maintains sports equipment and notifies supervisor of equipment issues.
- Support the YMCA’s mission and center operations as needed.
Child Abuse Prevention:
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
Commitment to Inclusion:
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to inclusion of all members as required by Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Job responsibilities may include implementing program modifications for persons with cognitive, behavioral or physical disabilities, including but not limited to the injection of medical glucagon to members with Type 1 diabetes in emergency situations. Appropriate training and development will be provided to YMCA team members based on your role and responsibilities.
- Must have prior experience sports/specialty experience (i.e. Playing, Coaching, etc).
Be Part of Our Mission
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 20 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow. In this role, you’ll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you’re not just impacting a bottom line, you’re impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.