YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
Be a part of our mission.
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. We rely on the expertise, passion, commitment and energy of our instructors and other team members to help us achieve our mission one child, one family, and one team member at a time.
Our before and after-school programs create a child-centered environment that promotes learning, character development, healthy living and positive, nurturing relationships. With a commitment to meeting accreditation standards and extensive training and development in research-based practices, you’ll also learn and grow and positively impact our children, families and communities.
Job Summary and Key Accountabilities:
Assist the Youth Enrichment team in planning, organizing and implementing activities to broaden creative abilities, enhance the physical development and cultural awareness of children enrolled in a child care program.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Share responsibility of assuring the safety of children to and from scheduled activities, and inside and outside of program area.
- Assist the Youth Enrichment team to reinforce and model self-control, respect and cooperation
- Assist in the supervision of children at all times
- Maintain attendance and other required records
- Set up the room/area for activities; prepare needed equipment, supplies and materials to facilitate planned group activities
- Participate in staff meetings, team planning and other meetings as scheduled
- Support the mission and vision of the YMCA, center and youth development team as assigned
Child Abuse Prevention
Support the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor.
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children.
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required.
Commitment to Inclusion:
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to inclusion of all members as required by Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Job responsibilities may include implementing program modifications for persons with cognitive, behavioral or physical disabilities, including but not limited to the injection of medical glucagon to members with Type 1 diabetes in emergency situations.
- Must be at least 5 years older than oldest child served;
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- One year of experience in a youth development-related program
- Credit hours in child development or related field preferred but not required.
- Demonstrates evidence of Y Team competencies in previous experience or practice.
- Meets physical qualifications required as outlined in job description. The YMCA will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.