YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
Water Fitness Instructor Opportunity
The Fry YMCA is hiring multiple part time Water Fitness Instructors
As a Water Fitness Instructor
- Lead water fitness classes with a personalized approach
- Prepares progressive exercise plans for program participants
- Gives clear explanations of safe exercises and demonstrates correct form and provides safe alternate exercises
- Sets up facility or equipment
- In case of injury, accident, or illness in pool area and provides backup to lifeguards as needed in emergencies
- Reports injuries and completes required procedures
- Maintains current certifications
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have current Water Fitness certification
- Must be physically and mentally able to respond to emergencies and administer CPR and First Aide effectively
Be Part of Our Mission
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living.
Our network of 18 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100+ sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow.
In this role, you’ll be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live and raise a family. So you’re not just impacting a bottom line, you’re impacting people and communities all over Chicagoland.
Child Abuse Prevention: Supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.