YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties
Starting Wage: $13.50+ per hour, depending on qualifications
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause
Are you a fitness or health professional who is passionate about leading group exercise classes? Would you like help others improve flexibility, strength, endurance, and cardiovascular conditioning? As an exercise instructor, you will create a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement as you teach group exercise classes.
In this position you will be able to use your skills to:
- Conduct energizing, fun, safe, and educational classes.
- Design the class to improve one or more of the four components of fitness; flexibility, strength, muscular endurance, and cardio-respiratory conditioning.
- Perform aerobic/fitness techniques that demonstrate different intensity levels to meet the various fitness levels of participants and to provide clear directions of these techniques.
- Be available before and after classes to build relationship with members to increase class retention.
- Maintain equipment organization.
- Assist in compiling program statistics. Support monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of and participation in program.
At the Y, we strive to draw the most talented leaders to make an impact each day in Pierce and Kitsap Counties and to champion diversity and inclusion in all aspects of work. We invite individuals who are motivated servant leaders to apply to be an active, inspiring part of the team.
As a part time employee, you will receive paid sick leave and an individual membership to the YMCA of Pierce and Kitsap Counties.
Are you a good fit?
- You have at least two years of experience leading challenging, yet safe, classes.
- You have knowledge of the fitness components of an aerobic group exercise class.
- You have a certification in Group Exercise or related specialty (preferred).
- You have YMCA Foundations of Strength and Conditioning and/or Foundations of Group Exercise certification or equivalent, such as ACE, ACSM, or AFAA certifications (preferred).
- You have a positive attitude and previous experience with diverse populations.
- You have current CPR for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen certifications (preferred).
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.