Ymca Of Southern Nevada
At the YMCA of Southern Nevada we’re committed to providing a superior work environment that offers challenges, flexibility and fun. We help employees maximize their strengths and enhance new skill areas so they can build successful careers while making a meaningful impact in community. As one of Southern Nevada’s largest nonprofit community service organizations, we offer many ways for individuals to use their talents to make a difference. We welcome you to come join our Y family!
The YMCA of Southern Nevada is currently seeking enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated candidates for Personal Training/Floor Supervisor positions at the Durango Hills YMCA.
GENERAL FUNCTION: Under the general direction of the Health and Wellness Director, the position’s primary goal is to supervise all fitness areas for safety and cleanliness, as well as, assist members in accordance with the objectives and policies set forth by the Association.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the Health and Wellness Center by being attentive to all participants to protect their safety at all times.
- Knows and enforces facility rules and require suitable conduct from participants at all times.
- Instructs Health and Wellness participants on safe exercise techniques including, but not limited to warm-up and stretching progression, aerobic conditioning, strength training, proper use of Center equipment and workout progression.
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of all Center equipment in accordance with manufacturer recommendations.
- Conducts individual and group member orientations within the allotted time frames and in accordance with guidelines presented.
- Maintains appropriate record keeping.
- Clears area of safety hazards. Set up, put away all equipment and materials needed and reports any problems or needs to Health and Wellness Director.
- Cleans fitness equipment and maintains the cleanliness of fitness area.
- Assists with the development and implementation of fitness community programs.
- Promotes and embraces YMCA Character Development.
- Adheres to all branch/department policies and procedures related to safety, conduct, rules and other regulations.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Personal Trainer Certification (required)
Current CPR & First Aid Certification (required)
TRX and or kettlebell experience/certification preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.