YMCA of York and York County
Group Exercise Instructor needed for daytime class for active older adults.
This positionsupports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committedto strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Wellness Instructor atthe York Branch YMCA works to conduct asafe, effective, educational and fun wellness class in a manner thataccomplishes the mission and goals of the YMCA of York and York County.
Our missionand core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to liveour cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality everyday. We are welcoming: we areopen to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We aregenuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We arehopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in theworld. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to developyour full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on arelentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
1. Conduct a safe and effective wellness class designed to improvemuscular and cardiovascular strength, flexibility and range of motion, balance,coordination and well being
2. Put the health and well-being of the class participant first in allaspects, providing exercise modifications for participant safety and success
3. Build authentic relationships with class participants, while also providingconnections with other YMCA staff and members to enhance membership
4. Be available to work regularly scheduled classes and to serve as asubstitute instructor during weekday, weeknight and weekend classes asnecessary
5. Maintain working knowledge of wellness trends to provide effectiveinformation and support to participants
6. Secure, set-up and maintain equipment and facility as required forclass, reporting any unsafe facilityconcerns to the Wellness Coordinator/Director
7. Begin and end class on time
8. Maintain accurate attendance records
9. Wear appropriate and approved attire, therefore being easilyidentifiable by participants and members; one YMCA staff shirt is provided andadditional shirts may be purchased
10. Apply York and York County YMCA policy/procedures for emergencysituations, including but not limited to accidents and fire alarms.
11. Attend required staff meetings, educational workshops andcertifications
12. Maintain certification by attending CEC classes and submittingrequired updated paperwork to the YMCA of the USA and the York and York CountyYMCA
13. Complete additional duties as assigned by the WellnessCoordinator/Director.
- Experienceas a participant and/or instructing between 1 to 2 years in a group exerciseclass or classes.
- Musthave valid CPR/ AED certification before teaching the first class.
- Completethe following within 3 months of hire:
1. Orientationto Healthy Living at the Y
2. Foundationsof Listen First
3. Principlesof Member Health and Wellness
4. GroupExercise at the Y
5. Foundationsof Group Exercise (offered by ACE)
- HighSchool diploma or equivalent
- Childabuse certification and clearances
- Atleast 18 years of age
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.